Old 05-25-2008, 11:20 PM   #1
Shower/ Tub floor reinforcement

Has anyone had luck in finding a way to make the tub feel more stable? My tub feels like I'm going to fall through at any moment.

Gear:02' Jeep Grand Cherokee, K&N FIPKII Intake, Flowmaster 50 Series Exhaust, Jet Computer Chip Stage II.
07' Rockwood 2701SS
Hensley Arrow Hitch
TruControl Brake Controller
Score: Wife, 2 Kids: 2yr Son, 6Mo Daughter Hobbies: Camping, Fishing, Mountain Biking, Snow Boarding.
Santa Barbara, CA.
JOHND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 10:44 PM   #2
The Jolly Mon
Send a message via Yahoo to NDJollyMon
My shower pan has a little give to it around the drain. I took of the panel, and it looks pretty tough to shore up with the pipe drains in the way. I'm going to try something...just don't know what yet. Good luck!

Pete (Jolly Mon)

2014 Jayco Whitehawk 24 RBS
2004 Nissan Titan LE, 4x4
Equal-i-zer hitch
NDJollyMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 11:41 PM   #3
my wife and I were talking about this. expanding foam should be a good and easy fix and what I plan to use but could be a pain if ever have to pull out the drain. Many plumbers use foam to set tubs in homes. Keep in mind it is expanding and you do not want to use the triple expanding and do not put to much in at one time it can push things out. I talked with a builder that used the triple expanding on a high dollar special order window. The install foamed the window and put trim on. The foam expanded and did not have anywhere to go and shattered the glass.
Don Wilcox,
07, Cherokee, 295 5thwheel
2006 duramax
donawilcox is offline   Reply With Quote