Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-03-2018, 08:38 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Wolf View Post
It's quite sad, where we've come to.
You ever wonder how the "experts" got to be experts?
Imagine if the Wright brothers had been waiting for a certified expert to come along and prove their Ideas??
Exactly. I don't care what anybody says, it's all about the money.

2013:31 / 2014:51 / 2015:58 / 2016:37 / 2017:46
2018:16
Total 239
Evereddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 09:01 PM   #22

Wind Turbine

Theoretically, a single blade is the most efficient since it always get clean air to use. Adding blades means they get turbulent air from the first blade and so on as you add blades. The issue is keeping it balanced. It’s easier to balance multiple blade turbines. One of the reasons why a licensed professional may be required it making sure the turbine will not spin so fast as to vibrate the blade such that it breaks off and goes flying off in a direction that hurts someone. That’s why the commercial ones have speed brakes on them.
MadDog2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 09:19 PM   #23

The reason for the law to have "Professionals" do the install is they convinced the Government to pass it. It is not about safety, it is about the profits for the companies that install them.

Frank
FrankMor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 09:27 PM   #24
Old Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMor View Post
The reason for the law to have "Professionals" do the install is they convinced the Government to pass it. It is not about safety, it is about the profits for the companies that install them.

Frank
I agree X 2.
FleckDreher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 09:37 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMor View Post

Frank
About 8 years ago while I was on a trip visiting family I got a frantic call from my wife that the hot water heater was leaking. Water all over the basement. If I was home I would go to the store, buy a new one, cart it home and replace it. Probably $500 - $600. We had to call in a plumber. Once he got there the crap started. When it was all over we had a new water heater, 2 foot stand it had to be on, additional air bladder expansion tank, and a new water pressure regulator on the while house. $1600 or so later it was all fixed. Was told that there were many new codes and being a professional plumber he had to bring us up to spec. Am I any safer? Really?

2013:31 / 2014:51 / 2015:58 / 2016:37 / 2017:46
2018:16
Total 239
Evereddie is offline   Reply With Quote