Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-07-2012, 11:13 AM   #1

Slam Latches...

I really like the idea of the bus-type slam latches on the exterior storage compartment doors. Has anyone investigated if there are kits available to retrofit these latches to RV's not equipped with them. I find the old style CH751 key and locks to be a real pain in the butt !

...VTX-Al
VTX Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 01:14 PM   #2

If you google non-locking slam cams, you will find lots of them. Non-Locking Storage Door Slam Cam
or if you want flush ones then look for paddle latches.

You do not list your camper type so, keep in mind on the thinner doors (ultra lights) that the door will flex and these will not work, but you can change the doors. Some place like parKin, RV baggage doors, RV access doors
2023 Road Glide ST
camper_Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 01:48 PM   #3

These would be better. It would be nice to know if anyone has ever made the exchange.
campdohbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 12:53 AM   #4

The slam lock comes with the door. The prices depend on size, but I have 2 med size doors they wanted $140 to $160 each. I'm still thinking, that a little rich to just change in my book.
Good luck

Tincup
Tincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 11:12 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tincup View Post
The slam lock comes with the door. The prices depend on size, but I have 2 med size doors they wanted $140 to $160 each. I'm still thinking, that a little rich to just change in my book.
Good luck

Tincup
I'm with you on that one. Not about to completely replace my two doors either, but was curious to know if it was possible or desirable to retrofit the slamlatches on my existing doors (and without a huge amount of work !!!). Think I'll just forget the whole idea .

...VTX-Al
VTX Al is offline   Reply With Quote