Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-09-2019, 05:29 PM   #1

Slide Switch

I have a Cherokee Limited 304 BH with 3 Hydraulic slides operating off one switch. Lately when I first push the switch, nothing happens, I have to push it twice, sometimes 3 times and then it works fine. The slides are not trying to move so its not like something is overloading, when it powers, the slides go in and out perfectly with zero issues.Do I need to replace the switch?
ronheater70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 06:47 PM   #2

The last time I pushed the switch with a little more force. it has now cycled about 10 times in and out without issue.. Wonder if the switches getting corroded inside. World flawlessly last year, after coming out of winter hibernation this year it has acted up.. have a trip in a month and nervous it might fail.. I need to look up how to manually operate the hydraulic slides in case I suppose.
Old 05-12-2019, 07:16 AM   #3

Do I need a new slide switch?

Im not getting much traffic in the slide section, I'll try here.

My slide switch for my Cherokee operates 3 slides with one push of the button.
This year it has sometimes required 2, and 3 pushes to get it to engage.. sometimes just 1 much and it engages. The slides work fine, no hangups or dragging down the pump etc.. The ;as time It did it I pushed it extra hard, kind poked it and now it has worked about 10 cycles in and out with issue. Last year it worked perfectly. It seems to have acted up after I brought it out of hibernation.
Any thoughts?
Old 05-12-2019, 07:48 AM   #4

From the sound of it, yeah, the switch sounds like a good place to start.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 09:27 AM   #5

My experience with switches worth a flip is they have silver contacts and they tarnish, but generally do not corrode. The cheaper ones are copper and coated with grease... prolly just a bad switch. If you ever take one apart you will wonder how it worked in the first place.

If you have an electronics store take the old one and tell them you want a good one to match...not the cheap way....or just get a new factory style.
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 01:49 PM   #6

So how exactly do you remove the switch cover on these? They look flush mount too the wall, no screws to hold them on. Maybe there are clips that release with a screwdriver prying out?
Old 05-12-2019, 01:58 PM   #7

With no picture I cannot tell you. Mine are mounted on a plate mounted on the wall. Remove the plate and the switch pops out from the rear.
Trksr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 02:16 PM   #8

Yea the plate on the front is simply snap on.. I popped the cover off. I think I need to find the right switch now!
Old 05-12-2019, 02:28 PM   #9

so it's a dual switch. One side is in / out for awning, the other side is in / out for slides..Cant seem to find black dual switch like that..
Old 05-12-2019, 02:47 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronheater70 View Post
so it's a dual switch. One side is in / out for awning, the other side is in / out for slides..Cant seem to find black dual switch like that..
It's probably 2 switches mounted in a dual switch plate. The switches are independent. Picture?

Pull the switch plate from the wall and you should see what's what.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 04:19 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
It's probably 2 switches mounted in a dual switch plate. The switches are independent. Picture?

Pull the switch plate from the wall and you should see what's what.
Switch pics so it does look like 2 separate switches in one plate. So I operate 3 slides from this one switch so it would need 3 positive / negative connections. the slide clocking is not controlled by the switch correct? So it should have no effect on which slide goes out first etc..At least I don't think,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0568.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	392.4 KB
ID:	204399   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0569 (1).jpg
Views:	72
Size:	397.4 KB
ID:	204400  
Old 05-12-2019, 07:32 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronheater70 View Post
Switch pics so it does look like 2 separate switches in one plate. So I operate 3 slides from this one switch so it would need 3 positive / negative connections. the slide clocking is not controlled by the switch correct? So it should have no effect on which slide goes out first etc..At least I don't think,
Without seeing the back of the switch it can't be known. It may be just a momentary on/center/momentary on type switch (polarity may be just reversed by the switch) but don't know how many poles are involved. Pull the 4 screws to release the switch bezel from the wall and see if there is a part number/manufacturer printed on the switch. The switches may or may not be identical so make sure you are checking the right switch. Another thing is both switches may be jumpered together for common 12 volt power so check for tightness of connections on the switch. It's also a possibility that the switch panel itself has a part number for the entire assembly including the switches.
This may or may not be your switch. Check the dimensions and if your switch has 6 connections on the back.
https://www.rvpartscountry.com/Heavy...ON-Switch.html
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, switch