Old 05-23-2016, 12:32 AM   #1

Soffitt on 368RLBH Heritage glen

Purchased a 2016 new 368RLBH a few days ago. The soffitt/ light fixture above the island is hanging lower on one side. On walk thru with the technician, he added some screws and claimed there was nothing to attach the screws too. Traveled 113 miles to my home and it went right back to hanging. Anyone else have this issue or any suggestions to resolve. Affraid it will fall during travel. Im affraid the dealership doesn't know how to properly repair this.
Thanks in advance.

Kirk

Old 05-23-2016, 09:39 PM   #2

Mine fell during travel. Post a picture to see if it the same issue I had. The issue I had was not the fixture so much as the rod connecting the fixture to the light. The factory did not tighten the nut and the rod dropped down during travel causing it to swing and the globe hit the slide and shatter. Had to get the assembly replaced under warranty. I took apart and checked the other assembled and found the same issue. Could that be the case? Che other thing I did was rotate the fixture slightly when putting it back in creating new screw holes to help hold tighter. No issues since and all seems to be holding tight.

Eastlake, Ohio
2013 F-350 Turbo Diesel
2016 Heritage Glen 368rlbh

Old 05-23-2016, 10:26 PM   #3

Thanks for responding. I am trying to learn to post pics too. The pic is not that good as my slides are in at the moment. Mine is not the fixture but the wood soffitt that suppose to be flush mounted to the ceiling. One side is flush and the other hangs down maybe a half inch.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	camper soffitt.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	161.7 KB
ID:	108799  
Old 05-23-2016, 11:11 PM   #4

I will look at mine tomorrow and see if mine hangs down at all. I know that there are a few things in my unit that are crooked or off square. I think a lot of it is due to quick assembly. I believe above the soffit would be something for it the be mounted to.

Eastlake, Ohio
2013 F-350 Turbo Diesel
Old 05-24-2016, 04:27 PM   #5

I just got a 368 a couple of months ago as well I will check to see if mine is similar.. Just a note, my trailer had the bed/trundle bed in the bunk house and it just collapsed over the weekend.. The platform for the double bed was made of 2x3s and they had attached them together with staples instead of screws and glue.. This week I will be rebuilding it all with screws, glue and angle brackets
Old 05-25-2016, 09:14 PM   #6

So I went and looked at mine. The only place mine is not flush is where the strip that hides the seam of the ceiling goes the width of the of the camper otherwise it is completely flush to the ceiling.

Eastlake, Ohio
2013 F-350 Turbo Diesel
Old 05-26-2016, 05:51 PM   #7

Wow good to know Dino.

Im gonna look at mine and use it in a few weeks. Thanks Gentleman.
Old 05-26-2016, 07:58 PM   #8

I had a different model Heritage Glen for 2 years before trading it in. It had an island with 2 pendulum lights above it. The lights were attached to an oval wood plate that was screwed to the ceiling. I noticed the same thing. The front end of the fixture was no longer flush with the ceiling. Further inspection revealed that the front side was only screwed into the thin ceiling panel and had pulled loose. I fixed mine by putting a wall anchor into the ceiling because I couldn't find anything substantial to screw it to, just hollow ceiling on that end. The back however, was screwed into a stud. I traded the trailer in soon after my fix, so I can't say how well the repair held up.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
2016 Coachmen Chaparral 360IBL
jimmie2gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 12:44 AM   #9

Thanks Jeff. There is def nothing there to screw into. Mine goes right over the seem also. Hoping it holds together. I gonna bring it to the dealer and let the handle a punch list for me. But We are going to use it 3 diff times to make my list and double check everything while camping.

The slide that moves the dinette and recliners is making a loud sound about the first 18" inward then stops. That concerns me more. All 4 slodes were lubed before we left the dealer and my tells me the slide made that noise then too while the tech was doing the demo.
Old 05-27-2016, 10:50 AM   #10

Mine is doing the same thing with the noise. I took a video and played it for my dealership and they say they have never heard anything like it before.

Eastlake, Ohio
2013 F-350 Turbo Diesel