Old 09-11-2015, 02:14 PM   #1
Soft Floor

I recently purchased a rockwood signature ultra lite 8315bss. I have three soft spots. Already pulled linoleum and no water damage is it possible to brace them from underneath or is my best bet to overlay with 1/2" 5 ply plywood?

tom1008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 06:47 AM   #2
I had an old Tt that had this issue. No warranty on it. I welded 2x2 square tubing underneath for extra support. Worked great

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Jhochst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 03:26 PM   #3
Do a search for my username in Repair for "floor replacement". I, too, installed a welded 2x2 frame beneath. Hopefully your problem is not that extensive and/or you have a joist floor.

If you have floor vents, you have a joist floor, and should be able to just cut out the bad areas, and replace. If all of your vents come out the sides of seats and cabinets, then you have a laminate floor like mine. Impossible to do a spot repair, as you have to go all the way to the walls before you get to anything solid. Must be a wall-to-wall repair. Much time, much patience, much planning. Dealers won't even quote the job.

Ultra-lite structural-laminate floors (2 pieces of " plywood laminated on each side of 1" dense Styrofoam), are not intended by the manufacturers to be repairable.
thebrakeman ('70), DW ('71), DD ('99), DD ('01), DD ('05)
2004 Surveyor SV261T (UltraLite Bunkhouse Hybrid)
2006 Mercury Mountaineer V8 AWD Premier
Equal-i-zer WDH (10k), Prodigy Brake Controller
thebrakeman is online now   Reply With Quote