Old 09-19-2016, 03:56 PM   #11

Location: Minnesota ( wishing we were boondocking in the New York Catskills )
After a little thought ... a real show-stopper item would be that darn hitch pin, or receiver pin, and the retaining pin (cotter pin ??) which keeps it in place.

Right behind that, if you have load balancing hitch, might be those L-shaped pins for the torsion arms ... and again, the retaining pins for them.
For some this might be straight pins or cotter pins (as I recall from a much older TT.)

We carry a spare set of all these.

Which begets the question, wonder what the service life of the hitch pin / receiver pin is ?

Jeff and Abby
Fur Babies - Xandra Sophia (GSD) and Neo (Min-Pin Mutt who thinks he is a cat)
2015 Tracer Air 235 (previous 1994 Veri-Lite 1130 TC)
1998 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab - 360 - 46RE (Built)
Jeff_and_Abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 05:38 PM   #12
RETIRED

Location: Home of the 4 time Super Bowl Champions Patriots. One more win and No. 5 is in sight.WAHOO
OP'sin in a motorhome. Extra pins for the tow bar if he has a toad would be in order
. Ask me how I know-LOL

2015 Jeep Cherokee
n-e-d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 05:49 PM   #13

If diesel fuel filter and tools to change them, and get the best ones available ie cat advanced for example
railroaderone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 06:55 PM   #14

I saw most of what we carry and some new good suggestions in previous posts. Duck tape for sure.

When we were in Goshen for the FROG Rally this year, we went to a nearby RV parts store called Rainbow RV Supply. We picked up an assortment of screws and cotter pins and spare light bulbs. Spent the evening organizing them in an inexpensive partitioned storage box purchased from a big box store. Nice thing is the screws are the same kinds used by Forest River on our Cedar Creek.

Oh, and we have spare clamps to re-attach our day/night shades back up. We love the shades but hate those darn plastic clips!
Old 09-19-2016, 08:16 PM   #15

Don't forget an inexpensive volt/ohm meter.
Old 09-20-2016, 04:04 PM   #16

Location: Minnesota ( wishing we were boondocking in the New York Catskills )
n-e-d, point-on, the OP did state he was in a Motor Home; I re-checked the forum / category before I first posted and figured, what the heck.

Agree with those who said, fuses, duct tape, etc. We actually roll a bit on the heavy side with tools and parts, our long-term goal to get back to a lot of extended boondocking. So what I had been thinking, what stupid part would be something I could absolutely positively not McGyver but didn't want to have to roll some distance for want of. And maybe with the "presumption" that there are a very few things that you just don't go anywhere without ... several gallons of DHMO, spare tire(s), suitable breaker bar/lug wrench, did we already say Duct Tape ??

I like these sorts of discussions, it is amazing what others think of, and learn by experience, and share. As good as I am at figuring out new ways to break things, I will never presume to be any sort of authority, about the only thing I do know for sure, is that I will learn about more things that I don't know with each passing day.

Jeff and Abby
Fur Babies - Xandra Sophia (GSD) and Neo (Min-Pin Mutt who thinks he is a cat)
2015 Tracer Air 235 (previous 1994 Veri-Lite 1130 TC)
1998 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab - 360 - 46RE (Built)
Jeff_and_Abby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parts, vent