Old 01-12-2012, 06:44 PM   #1

I own a 2010 Puma 26RLSS (Aluminum sided) TT.

About a week ago, I was giving the TT a good wash. (I live in the south, so it's the climate isn't too cold for this task.) I had some black streaks that the Gel Gloss Wash/Wax wouldn't get off, so I bought Thetford Black Streak Remover and they came off like a champ. EXCEPT...

In two areas (hand-size) it appears as though the black streak remover discolored my white aluminum siding. It's streaky and a light bluish-purple color. The finish is still smooth (doesn't appear to eaten through the pain), but I can't seem to get the stain out.

Any advice? How hard can I scrub? Should I scrub? I've googled this to death, and I can't seem to find any guidance on how to address this blemish.

I'll try to post a picture tomorrow.

SC_Granger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:10 PM   #2
Lottery Non-Winner
Oooh, I'm not sure what to tell you. I had that happen on a TT I owned but in my case you could see the aluminum after it got done eating through the finish. I'm really nervous about black streak remover since then.

2011 Georgetown 337
Ovair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 01:30 PM   #3
Photo Upload of Stain

I've uploaded some photos.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4512.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	25.6 KB
ID:	9886   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4546.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	9887  
SC_Granger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 05:14 PM   #4
I would try some wax, the other thing you can try is some rubbing compound - then wax.

If the rubbing compound works, you might actually have a big job ahead of you as you might need to lightly rub the whole trailer to keep it evenly buffed up.
flyrotor is offline   Reply With Quote