Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-07-2015, 05:24 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtool2 View Post
Remember though, replace only with copper.

Jim
There are three kinds of pipe. There's what you have, which is garbage - and you can see where that's gotten you. There's bronze, which is pretty good, unless something goes wrong. And something always goes wrong. Then, there's copper, which is the only pipe I use. It costs money. It costs money because it saves money.

RIP....Vincent Gardenia aka Cosmo
2019 Vespa Primavera 150's (pair)
camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 05:50 PM   #22

Don't charge batteries indoors...

They offgas hydrogen as part of the charging process; and hydrogen is explosive/flammable (rarely a problem, as it doesn't usually build up in high enough quantities) - but more of an issue, it also can trigger a CO alarm...

Every winter we respond to calls for people who's carbon monoxide alarms have gone off, as a result of charging batteries indoors.

RV/TT batteries, and deep cycle marine batteries are the most common cause.

You can certainly STORE them indoors; but if you're charging them, take them to the garage/carport or outside...

Nights Camped 2016: 44

Nights Booked 2017: 11
Nights Camped 2017: 6
OntarioFireFighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 06:12 PM   #23

[QUOTE=stantyszka;1002198]Coming up on the end of my first season. I have 2 more trips planned and then it is time to winterize. I plan on taking EVERY single thing out of my Trailer and treating the plumbing system with pink stuff.

Not 100% sure I should remove the propane tanks at the end of the season. do you?

I am 100% sure I am going to remove my battery and store it in my basement. What do you do?

I am about 75% sure I am going to just chuck my stinky slinky and buy a new one next season. Seems like a good idea given what passes thru there to just replace it at the end of the season. It's in good shape but lets face it, I KNOW it is dirty. What do you do????

Not all pick stuff is created equal .the super tech brand is mostly ethyl alcohol and water , drys out seals and evaporates
the prestone pick stuff is polypropylene glycol and water works much better at protecting seals in faucets etc etc
northstar1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 11:33 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaraderie View Post
There are three kinds of pipe. There's what you have, which is garbage - and you can see where that's gotten you. There's bronze, which is pretty good, unless something goes wrong. And something always goes wrong. Then, there's copper, which is the only pipe I use. It costs money. It costs money because it saves money.

RIP....Vincent Gardenia aka Cosmo
You are forgetting there are 3 different grades of copper if I remember right. The good stuff, mid grade stuff and what we use to call "almost copper".

Jim
oldtool2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 06:00 PM   #25

Got to remember the first time you use your brand spankin new hose, it will be just as nasty as the hose you threw out. If you buy a good hose, they are too expensive to be throwing aways.....
steelpony5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 12:02 AM   #26

Before leaving campground I flush the stinky hose and black tank with plenty of water and dishwashing liquid. Then add water and chemicals. Drive home and then use black tank flusgpsh. twice a year I soak and wash all black tank related stuff in disinfectant soap, especially before winter storage. Of course no pop goes in my black tank, so now the inside of the stinky hose is as clean as the kitchen sink.
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 01:09 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbdRahim View Post
Before leaving campground I flush the stinky hose and black tank with plenty of water and dishwashing liquid. Then add water and chemicals. Drive home and then use black tank flusgpsh. twice a year I soak and wash all black tank related stuff in disinfectant soap, especially before winter storage. Of course no pop goes in my black tank, so now the inside of the stinky hose is as clean as the kitchen sink.
You can use it for dishes if you want but I tthink I will pass on having coffee at your trailer! Sorry, but no thanks! LOL!

Jim
Old 11-22-2015, 02:05 AM   #28

Jim, I didn't say I use it for dishes, I said I wash and disinfect it, inside and out. Everything in the MH is cleaned and disinfected regularly.
Old 11-22-2015, 10:34 AM   #29

Quote:
Jim, I didn't say I use it for dishes, I said I wash and disinfect it, inside and out. Everything in the MH is cleaned and disinfected regularly.
I know you didn't but just couldn't pass up busting on you. I don't doubt your units clean. Sorry if you took it the wrong way.

Jim
Old 11-22-2015, 07:45 PM   #30

Stinky Slinky and Battery question..

I thought that was the case, Jim, but did not want folks to think I would serve coffee in that manner. 😀. Thanks for the humor. ?We need more of it in this world.
Old 11-23-2015, 09:55 AM   #31

Quote:
I thought that was the case, Jim, but did not want folks to think I would serve coffee in that manner. ��. Thanks for the humor. ?We need more of it in this world.
Welcome, can't argue with that! I do have to watch what I write here though, some members need to lighten up! I find it easy to get in trouble here. To be honest though, it is not just here. This world has gotten way to tight as**d to suit me. I am only 65 on Tuesday but so much has changed over the years!!

Question, how do you get an 8 inch plate into a 4 inch hose?

Jim

Tags
battery