Old 10-10-2016, 10:06 AM   #1

Stress cracks

I originally was going to post this last May when stress cracks were discovered on the front right corner of the TT. Make and model are in the sig line below.

While having a slide topper installed in May at the original dealer, several stress cracks were discovered. Prior to notifying me, the dealer contacted FR, got authorization for warranty replacement of the entire front skin including the diamond plate area. I should point out that this was mere days prioor to the warranty expiring. The dealer then offered to perform the repairs on my schedule, meaning don't lose any camping time. In fact, "if you bring it in for winterizing, we can do it then." While I was worried about moisture creeping in, it was an unfounded concern.

So it was dropped off this weekend and asked a few questions like how long to do the actual repair. "About 6-7 hours" How or why does it happen. "There can be several reasons. Shoddy workmanship. Over tightening screws. Twisting and turning."

I'm comfortable with their technicians to correctly perform the repair....I've known some of them for a while and all are highly experienced. And, the dealership has been pretty good. Very unlike what a majority here seem to experience. There are good dealers and service centers out there and we tend to have quite a few here in Maine. We're a small state, reputations build and word travels quickly.

So, we shall see. I'm hoping for an uneventful repair.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	95
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	122562   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture2.JPG
Views:	92
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	122563  

Days camping previous years: Not Enough
Days camping in 2016: Still Not Enough
MaineCampingFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 10:19 AM   #2

Follow up on stress cracks

Well, the repairs are done and it looks great. The time that was spent on doing this repair....and doing it right....was about the same amount of time that FR builds one of these. While it still is a new repair, hasn't rained or snowed and is stored for the winter, I'm confident at the moment all will be fine. Workmanship looks good, too.

Happy with the work that Harvey RV's has done.

Days camping previous years: Not Enough
Days camping in 2016: Still Not Enough
MaineCampingFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crack