Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-29-2010, 04:25 PM   #1

Suggestions on what TV to use

The wifey and I just got a 08 Flagstaff Classic Super Lite 831FKSS. It was a credit union repo. and did not have the TV in it, the best that I can find out is that it had a 19" Concertone Flat Screen. Hearing so many problems with Concertone should we go with a different brand? Even if the TV does not end up 12volt it is okay, I can run 120 up to it. If you guys have any suggestions please let me know.
77ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 06:42 PM   #2

I would buy the 120 volt. You can shop for better buys than you will get in the 12 volt, and I believe you will get a better TV than the concertone.
Old 01-29-2010, 06:58 PM   #3

Hit Walmart for an LCD that will fit. There are very few 12v TVs out there and they are more money than they are worth in my book. Here is the good thing though, if you can make it removeable with little hassle then you can take it in the house and use it when your not useing your RV. That's what we do with our 19" in our RV bedroom, it doubles duty over our jacuzi tub in the master bedroom of the house.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 02:19 AM   #4

Hi there. The dealer threw in a very nice 120v Sharp 19" LCD flatscreen t.v. when we bought our trailer. Maybe because we almost had a deal but wouldn't sign it if he didn't, but the best thing is the Thule Mounting system and additional mounting brackets he included. We can now use the t.v. in the living area or the bedroom or on the outside of the trailer with a very easy to use movable mounting system. Old Guys
Old 01-30-2010, 08:53 AM   #5

My 2006 did not come with a tv but it had a pocket for any type of tv as long as it was a 19". The first pic is how it came. I make a mod and in stalled a 32". After looking around at all of the tv's that were offered I decided to go with the Vizio, because all of the connections are on the bottom and more to the front, most other tv's have all the connection on the back. With the way mine is set up I can put the tv in place and then make my connections, after that then I slide the tv back in place. Vizio does make a nice tv for the money.
After I installed the tv I had to make a mod to the lower cabinets doors. My next plan is to remove the cabinet doors and install an electric fire place, but the fire place will not be in a fixed position I am going to design it so that the fire place will swing out from the left side so I have access to the bottom of the cabinets, the right side will have two hinges so it can swing out, then install a return grill on the right side of the wall next to the fire place which will be facing the fridg so the back of the fire place can vent.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	factory%20set%20up.JPG
Views:	118
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	2106   Click image for larger version

Name:	com%231.JPG
Views:	130
Size:	149.8 KB
ID:	2107  
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote