Old 08-02-2011, 08:04 PM   #1
Sunseeker Electrical Problem

We have a 2006 Sunseeker 2860DS that we purchased secondhand. It is like new except for one thing. One of the blades showed being shorted out as the insulation was melted around it and the blade was corroded. We took one vacation and had a problem with the main breaker tripping. It tripped twice, but we attributed that to the converters airflow being blocked by a blanket. We have a 30 amp connection at home for the motorhome. Recently we used the motorhome on this connection and again the main breaker tripped & kept tripping. So my husband replaced the plug with a Camco plug. We plugged it in and everything worked fine. Ran the air for several hours to make sure. We thought we had the problem fixed until we started the generator yesterday, plugged the shoreline into the receptacle and found we have no inside power at all. The battery disconnect is on. No breakers are tripped and no fuses are blown. Any ideas? Could it be in the receptacle that the shoreline plugs into going to the inverter? Is there another fuse somewhere besides the main panel. We don't believe a fuse is the problem since everything works when we plug it back into the outside receptacle.

drvr84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 09:01 PM   #2
I suspect there is more burned plugs/receptacles left to discover. I assume you have a transfer switch? OR at least some sort of plug in to supply power from the generator. Go back and check generator output voltage. I'll bet you find a dead leg.

donn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 10:22 PM   #3
if the only thing that changed is what u plugged into, i would suspect the gen isn't working.
could be a fuse or the receptical on the gen.

the cause of the melting connector may have been due to poor contact with whatever the previous owner had it plugged into. if the gen came with the trailer, it may have been plugged into the gen and u can count on the recptical being burnt inside on the gen as well.
jimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 06:19 PM   #4
Found the circuit breaker on the generator. It was nearly out of sight where it was mounted in the motorhome. My husband believes it tripped last time we ran the generator the plug with the bad leg overheated and caused it to trip. He reset it and ran the generator with the air in the motorhome running for over an hour with no problem. He is planning to check the receptacle soon, but the thermometer hit 111 today so it's going to have to wait a bit.

Thanks to both of you for your helpful input. We both really really appreciate it.
drvr84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 06:24 PM   #5
I always keep a spare Camco 30 amp male plug in the tool box, just in case. $20 and 5 minutes to change out! Worth every bit!
Kirk, KN1B
2013 Cardinal 3800FL
2009 GMC 3500HD CC LB SRW
kbrown1075 is offline   Reply With Quote