Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-22-2019, 09:05 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrakeman View Post
Update:
The front floor replacement is still rock solid after 6 years.
However, the rear bunk area, not so much. I see no evidence of water coming down from above, but the bottom edges around the camper have opened up. I suspect rain water has been running down the sides all these years, and slowly wicking into the floor directly.

Anyway, we have pulled up the plywood, dried out, and replaced with 3/4". We left the foam and bottom plywood alone (likely still wet). I'm going to try to seal up those lower edges soon, and hope for the best. It's just too tight back there to try completely rebuilding like I did in front, and I just don't have the time.

Anyone else still running with a 261T ??

Still camps great, I also had to redo the floors in the front and bunkhouse area of my 2004. I turned the front area into a U-shaped dinet with a removable pedestal table so it can be a large sofa and also convert to a queen bed. I removed the hybrid queen bed and build a stationary queen bed in the back, removing all but one bunk over the queen bed. I'm still building in some storage in the back. I used the vinyl locking tiles that look like hardwood to redo the floor. It all turned out really well. I'm thinking of adding a skylight over my shower so I have room to stand all the way up while showering, that ceiling is low in the shower.

2004 Surveyor SV 261T
2011 Nissan Armada
sself1219 is offline   Reply With Quote