Old 07-10-2019, 09:20 PM   #1

swelling counter top

Need help, and has anyone had this issue on a FR3. When i purchased her in 09/17 i had the sink inserts swell with water damage, which brought to my attention the fact that the counter top cover material did not coverall the wood near the sink. showed it to the dealer and they kinda down played it and said it was not an issue. this last trip i noticed the gap getting bigger and the counter top starting to swell. i am out of warranty but have extended warranty but don't think they will cover this issue do to it being water damage of sorts. is this something Forrest River would help with since it was a workmen ship issue" any thoughts?
the top and bottom picture were taken sorry after i got her and these are the ones i showed the dealer. the middle picture is today. you can clearly see where the materiel does not cover the sink, so any water that sits or splashes in the sink will come in contact with partial wood underneath. i did try to run a bead of caulk around it but it would not adhere very well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5982.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	209568   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5981.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	209569  
Attached Images

Old 07-10-2019, 09:39 PM   #2

Try NP1 it will stick to anything and seal up better. That was just crappy work from FR to not deal that area in the first place

ChrisRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 10:04 AM   #3

Normally the sink should be up against the corian. I doubt that FR or your dealer will do anything about it. With that said if you have to do it I would correct the problem by first outlining the sink with a pencile (under the counter) then remove the sink and cut out the material so that the sink fits tight to the corian. I would use a silicone sealent to attach the sink to the corian with externial clips also. JMHO
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 06:30 PM   #4

Replace it with a top mount sink and be done with it.