Old 01-20-2011, 07:38 PM   #1

Send a message via Skype™ to scubieman
T-mobile wifi spot unlimited use.

I happen to see T-mobile wifi sport commerical. I see two issues. After 5 gb your speed is reduced. Also coverage area. But for RV'S this maybe prefect

It's only 39.95 which compared to home I thought that was really good. Just FYI.

Unsupported Browser

scubieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 09:31 PM   #2

the wife and i have palm pre smart phones with verizon as our carrier our phone has a hot spot app and can connect up to 5 devices to the internet we used it at the camper last summer and it works so well that we have dumped our over priced internet provider at home my wife even surfs the internet while we drive down the road i bought her a net book so it is easyer to haul aroun and connects wirelessly verizon has great coverage

Old 01-20-2011, 10:08 PM   #3

Send a message via Skype™ to scubieman
Sweet.i have not started my first Rv trip yet so unsure what we will do.

scubieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 02:28 PM   #4
CampeRooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubieman View Post
I happen to see T-mobile wifi sport commerical. I see two issues. After 5 gb your speed is reduced. Also coverage area. But for RV'S this maybe prefect

It's only 39.95 which compared to home I thought that was really good. Just FYI.

Unsupported Browser

It appears that T-mobile has expanded their coverage area compared to the last time I looked at their coverage map. They are now even showing some "partnered" areas where as before it would just be a dead zone. Good update information, thank you.

As for the 5gb of usage, I think if the activity was left to email, social sites, and general web browsing for referencing something, you would probably be fine. It's when we're uploading/downloading photos, streaming music, or streaming videos from blkbstr or ntflx is when someone would have to be concerned about going over.

I know in one area that i've tested with Sprint's version, everything seems to work well except during the evening time, once the sun goes down. For some reason, I think they turn the power down on the cell towers at night to save money and once that happens, I lose all signal to our phones and internet. I don't know if this is actually true...just speculating at this point, but it is consistent.

2000 Rockwood Roo M-18 Hybrid
2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Auto 5.9 Diesel
Gone but not forgotten -1986 Rockwood 1003 PUP
rthrbelsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 09:23 AM   #5

i had a sprint connection card for several years with an unlimited plan. they would honor this reguardless if u were on their network or not (with sprint, ur only on their network on major roads or cities...with few exceptions, we were roaming at campgrounds). this past summer, sprint shut me down when i reached 330meg because i was off network.
i switched to verizon w/5g limit. so far haven't come close to that. it seems that they have the best coverage at the campgrounds that i frequent. did not look at t mobile.

when ur talking abt unlimited wi fi with t mobile, that is only if ur on one of their wifi hot spots. verizor and att have that feature as well. that's a different animal than going anywhere and connecting to their service.
has anyone used their service in a non provider service ie roaming? how do they charge for that?
Old 01-22-2011, 09:28 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by j2detroit View Post
the wife and i have palm pre smart phones with verizon as our carrier our phone has a hot spot app and can connect up to 5 devices to the internet we used it at the camper last summer and it works so well that we have dumped our over priced internet provider at home my wife even surfs the internet while we drive down the road i bought her a net book so it is easyer to haul aroun and connects wirelessly verizon has great coverage
i had switched to the mifi card in sept. we recently switched our phones as well. what charges to u incure when u use ur smart phone as a hot spot?