Old 06-21-2010, 07:14 AM   #11
Jan Goldfield

Good idea. Thanks. I got some 2 by pieces lying about that have needed a use. Now I have found one. And always have clamps. First the AC tho. I hope I can find someone today.

Old 06-21-2010, 07:42 AM   #12

Send a message via Skype™ to DAISY BOYKIN
Stuck table post!

It will take a pretty forceful rocking back and forth, sort of rotating the table at the same time, pushing up or pulling up. I had the same problem with one of my TT. The bottom of the tubes are usually tapered more than the top. You may have to remove the screws that hold the base to the floor, turn the table upside down on the floor. Now stand on the bottom side of the table at the same time rocking one tube at a time in sort of a circular, pulling up on the tube at the same time. This should free the tubes up at the same time striking the AC circuit breaker, fixing it and the ac will come on (MAYBE) Serious, this should free up the table legs. Once you have the legs loose from the top. Re-screw just the tubes and bottom flange back to the floor. Repeat the same circular motion, pulling up at the same time. It will take a pretty forceful pulling and circular motion at the same time to free the tubes if sand has got into the taper insert therefore locking the tubes to the flange. Once you have freed the tubes from the flanges, make sure you clean all of the sand from
the tubes and flanges before you reinsert the flanges and tubes back together.

Good luck

Sid

Old 06-21-2010, 07:46 AM   #13
Jan Goldfield

LOLOL.....sounds like major surgery. Could be I just leave the table where it is and learn to like it. Thanks for all the great ideas. And I might try it just to see if the broken breaker is magically healed.
Old 06-21-2010, 08:23 AM   #14

Send a message via Skype™ to DAISY BOYKIN
New Updated DE-CODER ring

Your problem is your decoder ring is the old analog version, you need the new 3-D digital ring.

Sid
Old 06-21-2010, 08:44 AM   #15
Jan Goldfield

So THAT'S it. What cereal do I need to buy to get my new one? Or is it Cracker Jacks?
Old 06-21-2010, 05:58 PM   #16

WD 40 before trying to tackle this one, then keep it lubed every few months or so to keep it slick, your high humidity is probably a huge factor is this issue, my area is quite dry so it doesn't seem to stick too bad
Old 06-21-2010, 06:35 PM   #17
Jan Goldfield

Yeah, that's what I will do as soon as I get AC back.
Old 06-21-2010, 07:41 PM   #18

I have a feeling you may be having A/C problem. Am i correct
Old 06-21-2010, 07:47 PM   #19
Jan Goldfield

OMG, yes. It has stopped working. The electrician will be here in the morning. I am holding a good thought.
Old 06-22-2010, 07:21 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAISY BOYKIN View Post
It will take a pretty forceful rocking back and forth, sort of rotating the table at the same time, pushing up or pulling up. I had the same problem with one of my TT. The bottom of the tubes are usually tapered more than the top. You may have to remove the screws that hold the base to the floor, turn the table upside down on the floor. Now stand on the bottom side of the table at the same time rocking one tube at a time in sort of a circular, pulling up on the tube at the same time. This should free the tubes up at the same time striking the AC circuit breaker, fixing it and the ac will come on (MAYBE) Serious, this should free up the table legs. Once you have the legs loose from the top. Re-screw just the tubes and bottom flange back to the floor. Repeat the same circular motion, pulling up at the same time. It will take a pretty forceful pulling and circular motion at the same time to free the tubes if sand has got into the taper insert therefore locking the tubes to the flange. Once you have freed the tubes from the flanges, make sure you clean all of the sand from
the tubes and flanges before you reinsert the flanges and tubes back together.

Good luck

Sid
This is what we did on my buddies rig except we removed the screws that held the legs to the table-top and then wiggled them loose from the floor brackets.
It's a pain but that will work.
I don't like the idea of banging on the table with any type of hammer as you might damage it.

Take the screws out!
When we were done we used candle wax to lube the brackets.
No more sticking.

Bill

Air Lift 5000
Prodigy Brake Controller

"I've got a mind like a steele.. a......a steele......um.....uh...... what's that thing called again?
fivecodys is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed