Old 12-23-2014, 01:13 PM   #11

Hi it's dropping down to 9 tonight so I hope they work

Old 12-23-2014, 03:11 PM   #12
Site Team

Don't lose any sleep over it. Tank heaters on and furnace set to minimum for the night will keep it warm enough.

Air Lift 5000 w/Wireless Air

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 01:17 PM   #13
Average Joe

Along the same line... I have a 2014 Sunseeker with the arctic pk. I've never really checked the operation until this morning. Here's what I found.

The light on the rocker switch only lights with 120v present... Odd since I thought it was a 12v system?

The inside temp was 27 degrees F. 23 degrees F outside. With rocker switched on there was no current draw. Checked both A/C and D/C... nothin'

Sounds like I have a pretty light and nothing else. Anyone have any ideas?

Southern Maryland and Beyond!

MrJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 03:36 PM   #14

Gave up for now using a heat tape
Old 01-01-2015, 07:31 PM   #15

Since we are on the subject; I've got a dumb question.

On my TT, at the discharge pipe, looks like a foam pad that wraps around the pipe that says something about a heater. Is this where the tank heater is or is there a heat pad under the tanks(s) itself?

I've not yet camped where I was worried that my tank contents would freeze.

Just curious.
Nights camped 2016 = 25
Nights camped 2017 = 13
Timex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 08:49 PM   #16

The tank heaters are on the tanks themselves. It's a foam wrap and spray foam on my discharge pipe. Just had my underbelly to check on things not to be worried. My pads looked like 1' by 2'. Was plenty of insulation on my 29 RE.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 01-01-2015, 09:17 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timex View Post
Since we are on the subject; I've got a dumb question.

On my TT, at the discharge pipe, looks like a foam pad that wraps around the pipe that says something about a heater. Is this where the tank heater is or is there a heat pad under the tanks(s) itself?

I've not yet camped where I was worried that my tank contents would freeze.

Just curious.
What you are seeing is heat tape on the discharge line. When your tank heater comes on it will supply 12v to the outlet to stop the valves from freezing if I understand you correctly. You should also have a pad under each tank it is stuck to the bottom, Mine have one under each tank and the tape on the the black discharge line only. You should see a white and red wire off the tape wrap. If you push up around the underbelly you might be able to see it better.
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 09:30 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJoe View Post
Along the same line... I have a 2014 Sunseeker with the arctic pk. I've never really checked the operation until this morning. Here's what I found.

The light on the rocker switch only lights with 120v present... Odd since I thought it was a 12v system?

The inside temp was 27 degrees F. 23 degrees F outside. With rocker switched on there was no current draw. Checked both A/C and D/C... nothin'

Sounds like I have a pretty light and nothing else. Anyone have any ideas?
They are mostly 12v systems, but do make a 110v system. What makes your problem odd is that the switch will only work with 110v only plugged in. Are your batteries fully charged? or are you running off the convertor only? How did you measure the current draw? Did you measure at the switch? Where you getting 110V or 12 V with the light on? You need to pop that panel off and put a meter on the switch. I really doubt if FR put a 110V system in. If the light came up you would have to have voltage either 110V or 12V at the switch ?
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
Old 01-01-2015, 10:45 PM   #19
Average Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
They are mostly 12v systems, but do make a 110v system. What makes your problem odd is that the switch will only work with 110v only plugged in. Are your batteries fully charged? or are you running off the convertor only? How did you measure the current draw? Did you measure at the switch? Where you getting 110V or 12 V with the light on? You need to pop that panel off and put a meter on the switch. I really doubt if FR put a 110V system in. If the light came up you would have to have voltage either 110V or 12V at the switch ?

I disconnected the shore power, flipped the rocker switch and watched my DC voltage. I didn't use an amp meter. The voltage remained 12.8-13.0 for over 30 minutes, until I plugged backup to shore power. The rocker didn't light. The rocker lights when on shore power. I was drawing less than an amp for the entire MH with batteries charged and Arctic Pk on using shore power. Sounds strange.

Southern Maryland and Beyond!

MrJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 06:22 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJoe View Post
I disconnected the shore power, flipped the rocker switch and watched my DC voltage. I didn't use an amp meter. The voltage remained 12.8-13.0 for over 30 minutes, until I plugged backup to shore power. The rocker didn't light. The rocker lights when on shore power. I was drawing less than an amp for the entire MH with batteries charged and Arctic Pk on using shore power. Sounds strange.

That really is odd, are your other rocker lights working on 12V only? You are going to have to pull that switch and measure it there with a meter. The wire could be cut or not making contact. You going to have to trace it back to where your losing power. Also check your ground on that circuit. Until we know that the switch is working we can't go farther. You might just have a bad switch. Do you see any heat tape at your sewer line. You should be able to get 12v there if you can see the wires. Should be between the outlet and the valve. I had to replace my switch once already. Do you have any liquid in your tanks? a couple of gals. or so?

Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k

Tags
heater, tank