Old 03-09-2008, 07:40 PM   #1

Send a message via Yahoo to Krudedawg
Question television question??

hello again all and thanks in advance for your responses...
since we took delivery of our 831bhss last may, the only television signal we have used is the crank up antennae. im sure some of the campgrounds that we go to this year will have cable hook ups and i also intend on trying to use our directv while in the campgrounds that dont offer cable. outside at the television hookup, i see a place to hook for cable and a different place to hook for satellite right there with telephone hookup also. im assuming that cable hookup will send all available cable channels to all the tv locations in the camper (back sleeping area, master sleeping area, and main living space) but my question is about the directv hookup. first of all, any advice setting up would be appreciated. (i did pick up an SF-95c+ satellite finder on ebay to try to make the process easier.) i intend on using a dish mounted on a tripod and placed at the most appropriate location on the campsite. i guess the satellite signal will only get to the main entertainment center where i will use one of my receivers from home. will the other locations still get a signal from the crank up antennae? how does this all work?

i know... i know... this is supposed to be camping.... who needs tv anyway right?

Krudedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 09:05 PM   #2

Kieth,

As far as I know, which ain't much, your TT is equipped with a RV-7542 combination TV antenna/satellite wall plate.

When connected to the exterior cable input, all TV sets will receive cable reception.

When connecting satellite dish to the exterior connection, only the main entertainment center will have satellite reception.

Old 03-09-2008, 09:11 PM   #3

Send a message via Yahoo to Krudedawg
thanks milzat... that is what i was thinking. and i assume that the other tvs would pick up from the normal antennae as usual
Krudedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 04:57 PM   #4

Check out my post yesterday on HDTV reception using the crank-up antenna:

HDTV reception is great in our Wildwood LE 39BHSS

Also, I just bought a kit last week with a DISH Pro 500 satellite dish, tripod with level and compass, 50ft. cable and a satellite finder)on Ebay. Found out that we have too many trees on our property to use the satellite, so we are looking for a new home for it, if anyone is interested. Should be available next week for sale to some lucky person. We just have too many live oaks surrounding us on our site, and we won't be traveling .... but, I can't complain - it's the trees we love in the first place.
Old 03-12-2008, 08:19 PM   #5

Last summer we bought a refurbished HD reciver for 10.00 and it worked GREAT I have it hooked up to the plate near the tv stand and it is hooked up to a 20lnch rca flat screen Didgital tv The picture is fantastic and we get 19 channels We have our camper on a seasonal site about 50 miles west of the twin cities All I use for the antenna is the Winegard that came with our camper