Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-21-2011, 03:48 PM   #1

Question Television Questions on Rockwood Sig Ultralite 8319SS

Does the surround sound only work when using the DVD player? If so, does this mean if we are just listening to regular tv then the sound will only come from the tv? Is the tv already attached somewhere to all the extra RGB/etc plugs that are in the entertainment center? Meaning that if I hook something up to those plugs it will automatically be connected to my tv?

How the heck do you get behind the tv to plug anythign else in? Or adjust wires? I can reach under the bottom and feel some connections and we were getting bad reception and wiggling those around gave better reception so I know that connection is not tight.

Thanks for any help...I can't really find this info in any manuals.
ItsMeJulieT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 04:03 PM   #2
Site Team - Lou

Without knowing more about your TV and its connectors I doubt anyone could give you an exact answer to your question.

In general:

If it is coming out of the Concertone's amp AND there is Dolby Encoding in the audio stream, then you will get true surround sound from the speakers. For example a DVD played in the DVD player in the Concertone.

In order to get surround sound from anything else, the line level stereo signal containing the Dolby encoding must pass into the Concertone via one of its line level audio inputs. This means you can't use an earphone output on your TV to feed the audio into the Concertone and get surround sound.

If your TV has L/R line level audio out (RED/WHITE RCA plugs); then you can route the sound output to an unused audio input on the Concertone. If the TV does not have L/R (red/white RCA plugs) all is not lost if there is a digital audio (fiber optic) out socket. They make adapters for about 80 bucks that will convert that fiber optic signal back into line level RCA without losing the Dolby encoding.

Here is a photo of the back of my TV. The two top RCA connectors are L/R audio out and go to AV1 input on the Concertone.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cooperstown Sep 2009 203.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	6464  
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ultralite