Old 10-03-2016, 02:12 PM   #1

thermostat

i have a new crusader with a dual zone controller. I can not figure out how to program it. I had one that was defective and now I am wondering if this one is to. does anyone have any instructions for dummies I guess at this point. I like to think I am pretty sharp on stuff like this but I have had it almost a year now and I just keep pushing buttons tell it works somewhat. I was just fishing and had both the ac running and the heat at the same time??? please help.

Old 10-03-2016, 03:46 PM   #2

does anyone know if they have a customer service that could walk a person through it???

Old 10-03-2016, 04:13 PM   #3
Head Rambler

Tell us which thermostat you have? Is it a Dometic digital?

Do you have the manual for it?

If it's the Dometic dual zone, and you have the fan set to hi or low it will run whenever the furnace runs. The A/C won't actually be on, the fan just runs.
Old 10-03-2016, 04:23 PM   #4

it is a dometic comfort control center 2 model 3314080.00 it has a operating instructions. but when you read it it explains what each thing does. but it doesn't explain how to program it. it has a page that explains the zones. that there are 2 of them and then it explains what the mode button does and so on. but I know that zones mean that the trailer has 2 zones on it. it explains what each button does but it does not explain how to use them all together. I will go into zone 1 and program the temp and when for it to come on and shut off and then I try to go back to the start to let it run and then everything I just did is gone. like I said I was fishing and had my generator for the day when it gets hot and then at night I would run the heat. the next day I start the generator up and the heat is on and then when the generator comes on the ac starts blowing at the same time??? I have never seen a instruction manuel that doesn't walk you through setting it. it explains every button but does not explain how to program it and save the settings you programmed. maybe this one is fault???
Old 10-04-2016, 09:55 AM   #5
Head Rambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by northidaho View Post
The next day I start the generator up and the heat is on, then when the generator comes on the ac starts blowing at the same time???
This would happen if you had the fan in anything except 'Auto'. The A/C fan is 120 volts so it wouldn't run until you have 120 volts to it (generator running).

As for losing the settings, make sure that the last thing you do after programming both zones (you have to scroll through both, even if you don't want to program zone 2) is press the program button again. So, at minimum you'll have to press the program button three(3) times to get it to hold.

Is this the manual you have? CCC2 Thermostat Manual

P.S. If this doesn't work, you can try initializing the thermostat and reprogramming it. The procedure for that is on page 11 of the manual I linked to.
Old 10-04-2016, 10:58 AM   #6
Retired Retail/Importer

I have the same unit and zone 1 says inside temp is 32 ..well it's 80....the a/c won't come on in zone 1
Old 10-04-2016, 10:58 AM   #7
Retired Retail/Importer

It works fine in the br zone 2
Old 10-04-2016, 05:11 PM   #8
Head Rambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by pledbetter View Post
I have the same unit and zone 1 says inside temp is 32 ..well it's 80....the a/c won't come on in zone 1
Start your own thread about it and I'll try to help.

Tags
thermostat