Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-09-2009, 06:07 PM   #21
Site Team

I'll try to get some pics in a few days as well.
Old 03-09-2009, 07:26 PM   #22

Ok, here they are.
pic #1. I placed a mirrow against the front of the dash and towards the front seats to reflect the position of the back up monitor in the down position and to show how it is mounted on the console using the holder that came with the system that was to be used on the dash.

pic #2. now shows the monitor in the up right position and now ready for use. I had to reverse the thumb screw to the drivers side so it would be easier to lock the monitor in place from the drivers seat. The monitor can be tilted towards the driver if needed.

pic #3. shows the console flip completely up and the monitor is now facing the back seats for the rear passengers to watch a movie. You can see that the monitor is not square to the back seat, It can be moved in any position for viewing.
When the back up system is not in use, the monitor can be detached from the mounting bracket and be stored in a safe place.

For those that do not know, this back up camera system has an Audio/Visual input for Video Games and DVD's, so if you have kids this system has two jobs it can do.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2185.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	1348   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2186.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	1349   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2187.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	1350  
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 11:20 AM   #23

FYI, I just spoke to tech support about placement of the transmitter for the Peak Back Up camera, if the installation is for a pick-up truck they recommend that the transmitter be place up high and as close to the monitor as possible, they also said if the transmitter is going to be mounted on the out side of the cab put the transmitter in a ziploc plastic bag, DO NOT let it get wet. It was also recommended to place the transmitter in side of the tail light area but NOT under the truck, too much metal.
Old 03-11-2009, 05:28 AM   #24

Installation is complete and works well. I did not wire it to the back up lights. The camera stays hot all the time so I can view the hitch at any time. I am going to install a switch so that I can turn it off. I did all the work after work in our restoration barn, but this was not a good place to make adjustments, the airplanes here at Dulles Airport was nothing but constant interference, the screen kept fading in and out the color was distorted and I was in side of a metal building, at first I thought I made a mistake in getting the system but the closer I got to Leesburg VA and farther North the system was working great. This system is wireless and you can get interference, but I think the Airport is to the extreme. If anyone is considering a wireless back up camera system I do recommend this system, for a $100.00 It's a good buy.
Old 03-11-2009, 05:28 PM   #25
Site Team

We made a trip of about 300 miles and ours worked good. We have a microwave corridor and the road we were on runs along it. The signal would drop out once in a great while for a second or two. I've used it in the dark and the backup lights provide plenty of illumination. We drove directly away from the sun and the monitor places a black spot directly where the sun spot is but the color didn't wash out. As a backup camera it works great. The one thing I noticed is that if a vehicle pulls up behind you with the lights on it blinds the camera. Not a big deal but just a thing.
Old 03-11-2009, 07:26 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Rambler View Post
We made a trip of about 300 miles and ours worked good. We have a microwave corridor and the road we were on runs along it. The signal would drop out once in a great while for a second or two. I've used it in the dark and the backup lights provide plenty of illumination. We drove directly away from the sun and the monitor places a black spot directly where the sun spot is but the color didn't wash out. As a backup camera it works great. The one thing I noticed is that if a vehicle pulls up behind you with the lights on it blinds the camera. Not a big deal but just a thing.
Yes, I notice the samething with a vehicle and it"s head lights.
Although one should not do this but on the way home I was turning on the monitor then turning it off in different location to see how it was reacting as I traveled farther from Dulles Airport, the weird thing is as I am moving forward the ground behind me is moving away from the back of the truck as I looked at the monitor, Yes I know the ground should move away as I am moving forward. It was a strange sensation and I well not do that again.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:55 AM   #27

Great pictures !! Thanks for all the info. I've been looking at the smaller screen VR3 version for some time now. I'm really glad I waited and saw this. Hopefully I can find someone around here with a Sams card...that is a great deal.

Thanks Again !

2006 Avalanche 1500 w/6" lift
2007 Suburban 2500 4x4 w/4" lift
2008 Salem 26TBSS
P3 Controller
4 lil' ones & a Hottie for a wife
TravelSoftballDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 12:11 PM   #28

Just found it on Amazon for $108.97 + $7.00 shipping. That might be an option should different Sams Clubs charge different prices based on location.

http://www.amazon.com/Peak-Safety-Ba...6877622&sr=8-5

2006 Avalanche 1500 w/6" lift
2007 Suburban 2500 4x4 w/4" lift
2008 Salem 26TBSS
P3 Controller
4 lil' ones & a Hottie for a wife
TravelSoftballDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 01:21 PM   #29

If you have a navigation system in your truck you might want to check out the lockpick. This integrates the camera into the navigation screen. More expensive but pretty neat. Check it out a coastaletech.com

2007.5 Dodge 3500 Laramie, 4WD, Dually, 6,7L Diesel
2008 Forest River Sandpiper 375QBQ
dd5087 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 08:04 AM   #30

Camera adjustments

OK, this is the first time now that I have used the camera and this is what I see. Is there a recommendation for setting the angel of the camera so that there is more of a field of depth. I think one thing I need to do is mark the end of the tongue with a bright color so that I can see the end of it as I get closer, with all that black it is hard to see. Any help would be great, thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2237.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	1496  
Old 04-17-2009, 08:40 AM   #31

Send a message via MSN to hunt4240dw
A friend of mine took white tape and made an "x" on the tongue. But their angle was from about the height of the liftgate handle.

David

The Hunts
2012 F150 Ecoboost, 3.55, tow package
Equal-i-zer Hitch
2009 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
1982 16' Glastron Ski boat
hunt4240dw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 06:17 PM   #32

Send a message via AIM to jerr7
http://www.amazon.com/VR3-Wireless-B...93BAGNRPKX6AV5
bought this 3.5 vr3 from amazon.com for 94 bucks works great:0
jerr