Old 07-10-2011, 06:46 PM   #1

Totally Confused-Power Issue

Good day I have a 2008 wildwood blitz QB26. I had someone cut my power cable going to the poll outside. I made a new cable (it has two male ends and connects to the trailer and runs to the poll outside) I put a female end at the back of the trailer to connect this male end and everything worked fine until..... I disconnected the cable after every use and did not come back to the trailer for about 2 months or so(during the winter) when I plugged in this power cable the A/C unit, Microwave and wall plug above the sink are the only things to work. I have no lights no frig and no other outlets and no radio.
What I have tried..I hard wired the power cable in same results.
I switched breakers around to see if a bad breaker same results.
I left the power cable plugged in over night to see if that would help same result.
I checked all fuses and all seem to be in good condition
I never had a battery hooked up to this unless there is another battery somewhere I dont know about but the cables for a battery appear to be on the tongue of the trailer. I am lost and have no idea what to do now. All suggestions will be tried.Thank you all in advance for replying.

Terry

Old 07-10-2011, 06:59 PM   #2

50 or 30amps? If 50amps you may have left out (or come loose) one of the 120v legs. I think.

frankm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 07:29 PM   #3

I think its 30 but I will have to check and get back to you
Old 07-10-2011, 07:37 PM   #4

Wow not sure on your particular problem but I sure would not want a cord with 2 male ends!?!?!?! that is an accident waiting to happen, one afternoon in poring down rain or in a hurry to get camp up and you unplug that from the trailer first, you now have a widow maker in your hand.

http://rvpdi.com
Acableguy06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 08:29 PM   #5
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acableguy06 View Post
Wow not sure on your particular problem but I sure would not want a cord with 2 male ends!?!?!?! that is an accident waiting to happen, one afternoon in poring down rain or in a hurry to get camp up and you unplug that from the trailer first, you now have a widow maker in your hand.
Totally Times two. VERY bad idea.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 08:39 PM   #6
Site Team - Lou

As to your issue.

1) Why no battery? Is it in a permanent site and never moved? You need a battery for your brakes to work if you disconnect while towing.

2) What is going on with those battery cables? They are HOT when the camper is plugged in. If they are laying on the frame (and not wrapped in electrician's or splicing tape) they can short out to the frame and fry your converter.

3) You have a 55 amp converter. Sounds like it is not working. It could have been fried by shorting out the battery cables (above) or it could have "just failed." (It happens).

4) Wall outlets are GFCI so check for outlet "trips" by pressing the reset buttons and see if the power comes back on at the outlets. They may have tripped as an unrelated issue with park power.

HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Old 07-10-2011, 08:45 PM   #7

Yes The cables are wrapped with electrical tape I did notice that the fans(there is two of them) did not come on while the power cable was plugged in. The battery was never there from the day I bought it about 1.5 years ago so I never really new one was suppose to go there till this happened. Do you know of a way to test the converter to see if its working? Im not the best Electrician so please explain in dumb man terms.haha
Old 07-10-2011, 08:48 PM   #8
Site Team - Lou

here is the manual for a WFCO unit (I suspect the troubleshooting section (page 7) will be similar if it is not a WFCO).
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Manual - Power Distribution Center WF-8900 English.pdf (1.89 MB, 15 views)

HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW