Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-12-2010, 01:41 PM   #1

Touch Audio Weather Alert

I have a new Wolf Pup 16P and it has a Touch Audio, VO-400i, radio/audio unit. This has a weather alert that turns the radio on and to the National Weather Service broadcast channel when an alert sounds. This occurs even when to radio is off (stand-by mode) and I keep finding the radio on after every alert, which runs the battery down faster. It is also a nuisance, because the old type alert sounds with every alert from that NWS office, which covers almost the whole state. The owners manual, very minimal, tells how to activate the Touch Audio weather alert, but not how to turn it off. I can't find a way to shut off the weather alert function. I can't find a website for this radio or any information on line about how it operates. Has anyone had any experience with the Touch Audio weather alert?
Larry237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 03:27 PM   #2
Site Team - Lou

No, I have a Concertone, but I will be looking out to see if you get an answer.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 12:27 PM   #3
rhg
RHGMass

Touch Audio weather alert disable

I read this on another forum site, so I cannot validate whether it works or not....
To disable the automatic weather alerts, turn the radio on and select the weather station. Using the remote control press the "Alarm" button to turn off the horn/alarm icon from illuminating on the radio display panel.
rhg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 12:45 PM   #4

I turned off the alarm/horn symbol on the display with the alarm button on the remote and the alarm symbol disappeared. I'll have to wait until a weather alert or the test, next Wednesday to see if this keeps it from activating. Thanks for the info.
Old 02-15-2011, 10:53 PM   #5

I wish my Concertone had a weather radio built into it. I think every camper should have one! I can understand your frustration though.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:15 AM   #6
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
Quote:
Originally Posted by backin15 View Post
I wish my Concertone had a weather radio built into it. I think every camper should have one! I can understand your frustration though.
Some Concertone MODELS do, some don't it - depends what the manufacturers chooses to put in.
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 09:18 AM   #7
Site Team - Lou

My Concertone 700 has a weather band and it says it will switch to it in an emergency; however the unit has to be on for that to happen.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 01:29 PM   #8

Weather Alarm, Touch Audio

As previously noted, I turned the Touch Audio on to the weather mode and pushed the alarm button on the remote control and turned off the speaker symbol on the right side of the screen.

Today, there was a test by National Weather Service and the radio did not switch on and air the alarm. I guess the above procedure works. So all I have to do is use the alarm button on the remote control. Too bad they don't mention that in the very limited owners manual. Thanks to all for the info.