Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-07-2013, 11:37 AM   #1

Trailer condensation.

This is our first TT. It rained steady the second time we camped and i noticed water collecting on the rear walls of the trailer. There is no roof leak, the dealer water tested the roof. Is it normal for a TT to have this much condensation. It had not happened again and I have been checking it. The trailer is a Flagstaffe V-Lite 26 wrb.
Lost pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:59 AM   #2

They do demand proper ventilation even in -heck, especially in- colder weather.
A couple of years ago, I bedded down in a small A-frame on a cold night and left it sealed up tight. In the morning, I lit a Coleman lantern and almost immediately the ceiling started dripping.
A couple of people can exhale a lot of vapour in an enclosed area in the space of a few hours.
Old 05-07-2013, 12:58 PM   #3

true story, While in the Army, my platoon spent a night in 2 person tents, in 15-20 degree weather. Next morning at o'dark thirty, we were roused by the NCOs to get moving by dawn. Ain't nothing funnier than 30 guys trying to fold up frozen tent sides while being screamed at by Drill Sergeants. I'll never forget the confused look on some of those guys faces when they picked up the canvas sides, solid like plywood from the condensation.

moral of the story: even 2 people make lots of condensation. And always allow ventilation at all times.
Old 05-07-2013, 03:01 PM   #4
Engineer of Crazy Train

We camped a few weeks ago in our new to is Roo, and I thought I had a leak. Just condensation. Next night, cracked a window and turned the fantastic fan on low and dry as a bone.
Locomotive Engineer
Nights Camping --- 2015 - 19 Camped | Winterized -- 2014 -18
Come read my Camping Blogs
ChooChooMan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 05:36 AM   #5

Also keep your wet towels and shower stuff in the bathroom. Either crack the vent or sometimes keep the fan on low depending on weather. The moisture from the shower and wet items will fill your camper with moisture in no time.
Old 05-09-2013, 08:51 AM   #6

x2 run your bath fan.

We put a closet rod across our tub to hang wet towels on. It's nice as the towels are under the vent. The rod is removable if we would ever use the shower/tub.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:15 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPAspey View Post
x2 run your bath fan.

We put a closet rod across our tub to hang wet towels on. It's nice as the towels are under the vent. The rod is removable if we would ever use the shower/tub.
We put our wet towels outside. I try to eliminate any source of extra moisture in the camper, as it eventually finds its way into the walls. And we all know what that leads to!
bakken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:24 AM   #8

we use the tub/hangers when it rains or if the camp seems "buggy" normally our wet stuff goes outside on a clothes rack I made that inserts into one of those bumper-hitch adapters. I'm sure my bumper can handle 10# of wet towels! )

I'll look for a pix of the towel holder sometime. looks like a dragon's tail with string across the spikes on the end.