Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-30-2010, 06:30 AM   #1

Trailer construction

I have a Palimino G210 which is a small trailer with the aluminium frame and plywood sandwich construction. I have some pretty good guesses on how they're built but I would like to ask what you know are the facts. Has anyone toured the factory?

Does anyone have any idea on how the floors on the trailers are constructed. From the single hole I saw thru the floor near the hot water tank it looks like a foam core with plywood, 1/8 thick, sandwiched on either side. There also seems to be a membrane, woven black poly sheet, under the floor. From what I have seen under the lower aluminium trim strip on the back of the trailer the poly sheet folds up and is clamped to the vertical wall by the trim strip. There is then a bead of sealer put along the top of the trim strip to seal things.

There must be a perimeter framing. What is it like? What material is it? Is there any framing under the fridge or the other load points?

How are the walls attached to the floor? How are they attached to each other?

How is the roof constructed????

How is the membrane attached?

Thanks for your help.
Palomino_G210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 09:21 AM   #2
Site Team

You don't want to know much do you?

Lets start with the floor. It is sandwiched construction. 3/8" ply > Foam > 1/8" ply. The black woven fabric you see is a breathable moisture barrier that's stapled to the bottom of the floor before it's put on the frame.

Your frame may have wings in a couple of places but the floor is set on the frame and the overhang is supported only by the floor strength. There is no extra framing for the fridge or any other loads.

The walls are stapled or screwed to the floor depending on whether the wall framing is wood or aluminum.

The roof is constructed the same way the floor is except instead of 3/8" ply they use 1/8" ply on both sides of the foam then the mambrane is layed over that.

The roof membrane is glued to the plywood decking.
Old 11-02-2010, 01:46 PM   #3

Thanks for the info.

I presume the floor has a perimeter framing. Do you know what material it is?

Thanks
Palomino_G210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 01:58 PM   #4
Site Team

No perimeter framing that I've seen. The wall sets on top of it, a stiffener goes on the boom edge and the sidewall hangs down past it.