Old 04-05-2017, 03:06 PM   #1

Trailer pre-wired for backup camera

We purchased a Wildwood X-Lite that is pre-wired for a backup camera.
We're informed that a Furrion backup observation camera is a good system and would work for our trailer.
Was told by dealer that we would just need to remove the cover on the mounting bracket and install the camera in it's place.
Ordered a Furrion backup wireless observation camera unit.
When I went to install it, the mounting bracket on the trailer was a different size than what the Furrion is (not compatible at all), plus the power cable on the trailer is a total different connection than for the Furrion.
Called Furrion support and was told that if our trailer had a Furrion bracket on it the it should fit without no problems. All their camera systems use the same bracket and power connection. He suggested that a different camera system other than Furrion was installed on our trailer.
Am going to call or go by dealer to see what the deal is. Camera units are not cheap.
Just checking to see if anyone else has ran into the situation.

Gpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 03:12 PM   #2

Nope, Un-did 4 mini screws, plugged in the camera, put the screws back and everything worked fine. I ordered the camera kit, so I have an "extra" bracket.

Flagstaff 26FKWS / 2018 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost SCrew
SailorSam20500 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 03:20 PM   #3

Purchased my cc in July order the furrion camera on line it fit no problem. Took longer to set up the ladder. Lol.
BPD18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 12:47 PM   #4

We also just purchased a Wildwood X-Lite and ordered the Furrion backup wireless observation camera and it did not match up either.

Called the dealer and forest river main support line and they said the Wildwood X-Lite is wired and mounted for the"Drive" CL-718W-C 7" TFT LCD (16:9) Wireless Rearview Backup Camera System".

You can fund it on the below link.
Way Interglobal Network, LLC - Store

None of the dealers I contacted had installed or used this camera so limited information.

I am planning on wiring the furion connector to the factory wiring.
Marine2149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 12:55 PM   #5

I ran into the same thing. Bought the Furrion camera on Amazon. Different bracket and plug than what was on the trailer. I also had to rewire it into the running lights so it wouldn't be powered at all times. Other than the hole already being drilled I pretty much had to do the entire installation over again. Not hard though. I think the factory is installing some knockoff stuff that isnt Furrion. Dunno
ronj82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 01:42 PM   #6

I purchased a palomino truck camper thinking it had a backup camera installed. Wrong, just pre-wired for Furrion unit. Couldn't find any Canadian dealers who handled. Ended up purchasing a unit from North Trail RV in Fort Myers, Florida on holidays in March. Have yet to try it. Reviews I saw were good.
ofishlbusiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 01:59 PM   #7

Some cameras are set up with more pins in harness to handle three different camera positions. Bought mine from RVS (rear view safety). Traded units and ordered a new harness it was set up for a single position camera. You could have a simular problem. My cable was already installed on my 5th wheel so I had to order a new harness for my truck.
WilliamG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 11:47 PM   #8

The furrion connector wiring matched up to the factory wiring also had to drill another screw hole for the furrion mount. Everything works perfect and install took about 10 minutes.
Marine2149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 04:33 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpaw View Post
We purchased a Wildwood X-Lite that is pre-wired for a backup camera.
We're informed that a Furrion backup observation camera is a good system and would work for our trailer.
Was told by dealer that we would just need to remove the cover on the mounting bracket and install the camera in it's place.
Ordered a Furrion backup wireless observation camera unit.
When I went to install it, the mounting bracket on the trailer was a different size than what the Furrion is (not compatible at all), plus the power cable on the trailer is a total different connection than for the Furrion.
Called Furrion support and was told that if our trailer had a Furrion bracket on it the it should fit without no problems. All their camera systems use the same bracket and power connection. He suggested that a different camera system other than Furrion was installed on our trailer.
Am going to call or go by dealer to see what the deal is. Camera units are not cheap.
Just checking to see if anyone else has ran into the situation.
I just installed the Furrion Observation Camera on my supposedly "pre-wired" Flagstaff Classic. The camera gasket was different than the original cover and nothing was pre-wired unless they really meant the wires to the middle running light were accessible. I just filled in the old screw holes. Happy with the camera so far.
Trawlerphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 04:44 PM   #10
Georgia Frog Rally 2018

Mine was wired for Furrion and dropped right in plug and play. Later RJD

2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing. Traded 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10 gear
Days camped in 2016 58
Days camped 2017 62
Days camped 2018 35
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trailer