Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-24-2016, 01:38 PM   #1

TV Brake Pads and Rotors....Check Them

We all check our axles on the TT or 5th wheel but how often do you check your TV's brakes pads and rotors, like most when they start making nosy.
I may be over board but I replace my TV brake pads when the RV comes out of storage. Check the rotors to make sure they are not grooved or have rust on them. On most trucks 60% of your braking is done by your front brakes and they go fast. I have even started carrying a set of pads with me, does not take that long to change them and its not hard to do, if you can grease an axle you can change brake pads.
2014 F350 / 2015 CC 36 CKTS
Forbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 04:49 PM   #2

TV Brake Pads and Rotors....Check Them

Every 5,000 miles when I rotate my tires. I changed out the front disc brakes at 80,000 miles and the rear brakes at 1000,000 miles.

Tags
brakes