Old 05-06-2011, 09:50 PM   #11

electromagn8.. i know that for dishnet they utilize a particular sw44 (i think it is) for splitting or diverting the signal. if there are any basic splitters anywhere in your trailer, that may be the issue. i've been out of the sat game for a few years to say for sure.

with mine, it's bell .. i got here to the trailer tonight and changed a the cable, also went direct from the dish to the stb. only thing i stumbled across was 110, which is a dishnet bird. i was completely unable to get the 91 bird that i needed. i did do a scan on my tv with my antenna up .. managed 12 analog channels found. 3 - 4 are watchable with the booster on.

i'll try again sunday morning when i have time. if i can get it aimed, i can test the jacks.

Old 05-06-2011, 10:20 PM   #12

Is your tv set for air or cable? Have to use tv menu to change from air to cable for it to work.

caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 11:29 PM   #13
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by electromagn8 View Post
I still don't get it, I have dish network. Set up at home, I took my garage feed (known to work) and connected it first to the cable connection, then to the sat connection, tuned the tv to channel 60 (which is the garage channel) and it still doesn't work. I also tried disconnecting the cable from the back of the tv and ran a jumper from the wallplate labed "aux/sat & tv" - no help. Any idea of what to do next?
OK since you have an aux/sat F connector on your wall plate I assume you have a sat connection on the outside.

This is a straight shot coax. Nothing in between.

You hook the dish to the outside connector.
You hook the receiver to the aux/sat F-connector inside.
The you run cable from the receiver to the TV Aux input
You can use whatever both the receiver and the TV have in common.
(RCA - red, white, yellow) (Component Red, Blue, Green, Red and white Audio) or (HDMI)
You then select that aux input on the TV and change the channels with the dish network tuner.

You should never be changing channels on your TV.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 06:33 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
OK since you have an aux/sat F connector on your wall plate I assume you have a sat connection on the outside.

This is a straight shot coax. Nothing in between.
very good point Lou. if that's what it's designed for there shouldn't be a switch. sorry for the confusion. btw.. it was an sw21 switch (not sw44) that i was talking about earlier.

for me, looks like, according to my forest river manual, mine would be one step up from the 'basic video entertainment' setup. they call it 'video entertainment with VCP' .. only difference is mine has park cable in on the outside of the trailer and two f connectors inside. therefore, they have used a coaxial splitter on mine, i believe this would be the problem with me getting nothing using the park cable in for my bell sat. looks like i have to run direct from the dish to the stb .. somehow so it doesn't look too hillbillyish

thanks again for the help folks