Old 09-22-2009, 01:07 PM   #11
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomjsas View Post
I've been looking at the wingman and will probably get one and install while I'm putting the cover on this winter.
Why wait.
It's a 5 minute job requiring no tools.

Old 09-22-2009, 07:51 PM   #12

Are you on 12v power when this occurs? Also, do you have the signal booster on? It's a little green light with a push button by the input jacks area of the entertainment center. It makes a pretty big difference. As far as 12v goes, the more things you turn on takes away power from the signal booster and the TV, therefore weaker signal=digital freezes. We camp dry a lot also, and noticed this. Hope this helps a little! Randy

Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 11:33 AM   #13

Randy...thanks. I was plugged in to 30amp service. My TV won't operate otherwise (only 110v) and I did have the booster on. Agreed, that makes a huge difference, otherwise I don't get much of a signal. The tech at my dealer thougth much of it could be that I was on the edge of signal strength and that was the isssue. However, with the Roo I just got rid of in July I didn't have the problem. Now I was using an HD converter box with that TV since it was older. The new 2501ss has a HDTV and it works without the converter box. I have also not tried the converter box...lent it to a friend with an older motorhome. This coming weekend we will be at a park with full hookups. Anxious to see if I get the same thing while hooked to cable TV versus just using the antenna.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:42 PM   #14

Some of the 40.00 coupon digital converter boxes also have a signal booster built in, as well. I have an Apex booster for our bedroom TV/DVD. It has the booster in it, and works excellent- actually picked up 2 more stations than the cabin TV.....off of the same antenna, and still in the same direction! Randy
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 10:21 AM   #15

Update - our last trip out over the weekend was to a full hookup CG. Had cable TV hookup and no interference when the fan was on. So, believe that part of it is the weak signal issue. Will add the Wingman to the antenna this coming weekend and see if that makes a difference and also look at a ferrite on the fan electrics. Thanks to all for your inputs!