Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-04-2010, 09:57 AM   #61
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmg View Post
Bob,now I'm curious. How about taking a rain check on some Boston Lager and tell us about the optical on the TV output. At home we have the optical on our Samsung Plasma TV plugged into the Yamaha amp. Now any HDMI or RCA sound jacks plugged into the TV are played through the surround mode and we get a great sound.

Our SV264 has a 4 year old Concertone. I have the RCA jacks plugged into the DTV box and play the TV sound thru the AUX output (I mute the TV since the sound is not in sync when both the TV and Concertone play simultaneously). I switch the RCA jacks to the DVD player when watching a movie. However, the best setup would be optical sound to the Concertone. That way any HDMI plugged into the TV (DVD, computer etc) would have optical sound the same as at home. I'm surprised that Concertone is just now coming out with optical. Give us more info if you can.
NO QUESTION optical will be a GREAT ENHANCEMENT.

Sorry for my confusing and purposely vague comment which was NOT about optical inputs in and of themselves, but rather business "stuff" that absolutely would require anyone buying MORE than one beer to get the story!

We expect our samples for testing this week and if all goes well we can supply for your "winter projects"
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 10:05 AM   #62
Owner - RVtronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
If you would like a "Beta Tester" drop me a line.
Lou
Now that is the attitude I LOVE seeing!

I actually already have you and a few more names on a list to contact for just that purpose and in fact, maybe I have an even better idea:

I would like to form a Concertone Owners Group or Council - we would work together to review, generate feedback & make recommendations regarding all products, manuals and services (to name a few)

What do you think?
Any takers?

Please drop me a line.

Thanks
(781) 281-9440
Old 09-06-2010, 02:13 PM   #63

We just recently bought a 2011 Surveyor with the Concertone ZX-75.
2 ceiling speakers and 2 outside speakers. Every thing worked great except the DVD picture. It had horizontal wavy lines when the DVD was played. I checked the cable connections to the TV (Jensen 19" LCD), removed the wall plate to check it's connection. All looked good. To eliminate the possiblity of a bad cable I hooked up another DVD player using that cable I had, and the picture was great. Next on my troubleshooting "flow chart" was to check for a loose connection at the source (ZX-75).
I pm'd Bob Fields to find the proper way to remove the bezel from the unit
and he kindly explained how to do this easy procedure. I just removed the bezel, removed the 6 screws holding the unit in and pulled it out. Some genius at the factory installed the output cable (going to the wall jack) that had a female end on it. The ZX-75 has the female RCA jacks, color coded and marked. Genius had taken a male to male adapter and plugged it into the unit then plugged the cable into the other end. You could tip the deck sideways and the adapter would fall out. Barely grab the adapter and it came out of the output cable. It couldn't be tightened up, so I had a spare 24" Monster Cable RCA cord, plugged it in and tested it. Beautiful picture. Put it all back together and I'll report back in a month on how the ZX-75 is holding up.
Mojorizin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 08:57 PM   #64
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Fields View Post
Now that is the attitude I LOVE seeing!

I actually already have you and a few more names on a list to contact for just that purpose and in fact, maybe I have an even better idea:

I would like to form a Concertone Owners Group or Council - we would work together to review, generate feedback & make recommendations regarding all products, manuals and services (to name a few)

What do you think?
Any takers?

Please drop me a line.

Thanks
Sure thing. Let me know what I can do. Mine seems to work fine. KoW.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 09:20 PM   #65

Thumbs up

well, thanks to iggy, we finally got my system figured out. the tv wires were going to AV2, which was fine, but the dealer when he installed the tv, put the wires on the wrong jacks. i put them in the right jacks, and we got sound. the quick guide calls for AU2, but the ipod is wired to that, so i will be happy with where they are. thanks iggy
kappel15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 06:53 PM   #66
Owner - RVtronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by kappel15 View Post
well, thanks to iggy, we finally got my system figured out. the tv wires were going to AV2, which was fine, but the dealer when he installed the tv, put the wires on the wrong jacks. i put them in the right jacks, and we got sound. the quick guide calls for AU2, but the ipod is wired to that, so i will be happy with where they are. thanks iggy
Great news!

Thanks to Iggy on his help and you for your persistence!
(781) 281-9440
Old 09-09-2010, 07:26 PM   #67

yes, i can hear tv when the ac is on!
kappel15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 09:25 PM   #68

Marv:

Just found a solution to the problem you described and posted it. Hope this solves your problem as well. Tried sending you a couple of PM's but didn't seem to go thru.
buckisland1950 is offline   Reply With Quote