Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-31-2010, 08:48 AM   #41
Site Team - Lou

Thanks John.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 12:46 PM   #42

It seems the experts are chiming in here so maybe someone has a solution to my problems which is along the same lines but a little different.

It`s actually 2 different issues:
1) I won`t post the entire history unless someone wants it but the short version is when I plug in the 32inch Toshiba`s audio out jacks into the Concertone`s in jacks I get a beating or thumping type of feedback through all the speakers in the coach. I was told by Forest River that some type of a Noise filter is supposed to ship with those Toshiba`s and because mine was an upgrade after the purchase that the filter has not been installed and they are sending me one. Anyone know anything about this...
2) This is the stumper: I have had video problems from day 1 (over a year), with my system, first on the smaller 26inch Olivia with a constant horizontal set of lines in the upper right corner. FR sent a replacement ZX700 which fixed nothing, they had me check cabling, input voltages, and all sorts of other stuff, then they figured it must have been the TV so they sent a 32 Toshiba which was great but led to the problem above and actually made the video issue worse - basically unwatchable. Now the issue is that the entire picture shifts up and to the right and then back to original position, about once a second. They shipped a 3rd ZX700 and nothing changed. I should mention that the video issue is only when watching a DVD from the Concertone. And I`m definitely not here to bash, in fact I love everything about my trailer except for this TV and Concertone compatibility problem but I`m determined to figure it out perhaps with the help of some of you guys. Any help here would be appreciated.
SabreMarv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 12:55 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreMarv View Post
It seems the experts are chiming in here so maybe someone has a solution to my problems which is along the same lines but a little different.

1) I won`t post the entire history unless someone wants it but the short version is when I plug in the 32inch Toshiba`s audio out jacks into the Concertone`s in jacks I get a beating or thumping type of feedback through all the speakers in the coach. I was told by Forest River that some type of a Noise filter is supposed to ship with those Toshiba`s and because mine was an upgrade after the purchase that the filter has not been installed and they are sending me one. Anyone know anything about this...
2) This is the stumper: I have had video problems from day 1 (over a year), with my system, first on the smaller 26inch Olivia with a constant horizontal set of lines in the upper right corner. FR sent a replacement ZX700 which fixed nothing, they had me check cabling, input voltages, and all sorts of other stuff, then they figured it must have been the TV so they sent a 32 Toshiba which was great but led to the problem above and actually made the video issue worse - basically unwatchable. Now the issue is that the entire picture shifts up and to the right and then back to original position, about once a second. They shipped a 3rd ZX700 and nothing changed. I should mention that the video issue is only when watching a DVD from the Concertone. And I`m definitely not here to bash, in fact I love everything about my trailer except for this TV and Concertone compatibility problem but I`m determined to figure it out perhaps with the help of some of you guys. Any help here would be appreciated.

How can the ZX700 effect TV? It can't. Is is just a sound system.
I just think both TV were/are bad.
One way to check is just hook up the tv direct to the antenna with no external speakers just the ones on the TV. This step will 1st verify the TV is good.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 01:02 PM   #44

The ZX700 is a DVD player as well... I`ve hooked up the TV to antenna with just the TV speakers and no issue. I`ve also hooked a portable DVD up to the Toshiba and again no issue. As well, I installed my 32 inch Samsung and both issues disappear. This is why I`m suggesting a compatibility problem, but if no one else has had the issue, then something else must be going on here.

Thanks for such a quick response by the way..
Marv
Old 08-31-2010, 02:07 PM   #45
Site Team - Lou

Marv,

Check the menu setting for video. Mine came from the factory set for PAL not NTSC.

For USA and Canada it MUST be NTSC.

I had similar issues with vidoe and that fixed it.

Audio is a different problem, but I would also look at the audio menus for a solution.
Old 08-31-2010, 03:57 PM   #46

5 and 6 you have highlighted are ground and hot
kappel15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 04:24 PM   #47

Quote:
The ZX700 is a DVD player as well... I`ve hooked up the TV to antenna with just the TV speakers and no issue. I`ve also hooked a portable DVD up to the Toshiba and again no issue. As well, I installed my 32 inch Samsung and both issues disappear. This is why I`m suggesting a compatibility problem, but if no one else has had the issue, then something else must be going on here.

Thanks for such a quick response by the way..
Marv

Marv,
I stand corrected that it is a DVD player for video out.
The original issue was strickly TV audio input not making it to the speakers.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 07:12 PM   #48

Quote:

Miy ZX700 does have a noise filter installed in the audio out line. Not sure if it does anything but it did ship with the unit. Not sure if you have had the ZX700 out of the wall yet, but that is where I found my filter.
phoneman06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 10:05 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
Marv,

Check the menu setting for video. Mine came from the factory set for PAL not NTSC.

For USA and Canada it MUST be NTSC.

I had similar issues with vidoe and that fixed it.

Audio is a different problem, but I would also look at the audio menus for a solution.
Thanks for the suggestion but it didn't help. The video setting was auto so I switched it to NTSC - same symptoms.....

Marv
Old 08-31-2010, 10:10 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoneman06 View Post
Miy ZX700 does have a noise filter installed in the audio out line. Not sure if it does anything but it did ship with the unit. Not sure if you have had the ZX700 out of the wall yet, but that is where I found my filter.
Thanks for the info, I've indeed had my ZX700 out of the wall, twice actually as I'm on the 3rd one trying to fix this issue. There is no such filter on the audio out line.
Do you have the same combo of 32inch Toshiba and ZX700? If so how is the picture quality of DVD movies in general?

Thanks,

Marv
Old 09-02-2010, 09:01 AM   #51
Site Team - Lou

Cooperstown Sep 2009 203 pictures from travel photos on webshots

The top two RCA jacks are TV audio out and go to the AV2 input on the back of the ZX700.

The video output from the Concertone goes to the COMPOSITE input on the TV. The single yellow RCA plug at the bottom. Plugging this yellow RCA plug into ANY other connector on the TV (like the yellow plug on your component input (where the XBox Big green 5 wire cord is plugged in as shown in the photo) will cause all kinds of screwed up video.

There is no audio out for the Concertone because it is designed to play all audio out to the campers speakers not the TV's speakers. In fact you should mute the TV while playing DVDs through the Concertone.

I use a stand alone up-converting DVD player direct to the HDMI input on the TV to take advantage of the High Def DVD signal. The audio out on the TV then goes to the Concertone through the upper RCA plugs like the XBox and Tuner TV for Surround Sound Conversion.
Attached Images

Old 09-02-2010, 11:57 AM   #52
bmg

Do the recent Concertone models have optical audio input? The new TVs now have optical output. That would by far be the best set up if it's available.
bmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 02:03 PM   #53
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmg View Post
Do the recent Concertone models have optical audio input? The new TVs now have optical output. That would by far be the best set up if it's available.
Ahh, there is an interesting story on how the TVs only came with optical outputs, but that is for another time over a beer - maybe.

The current and past Concertone(s) DO NOT come with optical inputs, but they will be shipping with these soon. Additionally, Concertone wiill be suppling and opti-box to convert and supply audio input to current system.

Each of these will be available later in the 4th quarter.
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 02:09 PM   #54
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
Quote:
Now that is interesting. I am really having a bad week.

Where did you find the one for the ZX700? I have never had my unit off the wall and someone posted that wiring diagram on another forum supposedly of our zx700.
Lou
The good news is all units have the appropriate wiring diagram ON THEM so you don't even need a separate piece of paper - it is right where you will be checking the connections.
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 02:26 PM   #55

Quote:
Cooperstown Sep 2009 203 pictures from travel photos on webshots

The top two RCA jacks are TV audio out and go to the AV2 input on the back of the ZX700.

The video output from the Concertone goes to the COMPOSITE input on the TV. The single yellow RCA plug at the bottom. Plugging this yellow RCA plug into ANY other connector on the TV (like the yellow plug on your component input (where the XBox Big green 5 wire cord is plugged in as shown in the photo) will cause all kinds of screwed up video.

There is no audio out for the Concertone because it is designed to play all audio out to the campers speakers not the TV's speakers. In fact you should mute the TV while playing DVDs through the Concertone.

I use a stand alone up-converting DVD player direct to the HDMI input on the TV to take advantage of the High Def DVD signal. The audio out on the TV then goes to the Concertone through the upper RCA plugs like the XBox and Tuner TV for Surround Sound Conversion.
my quick start guide says it should be AU2
Old 09-02-2010, 04:38 PM   #56
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmg View Post
And if pigs could fly...
Old 09-02-2010, 04:39 PM   #57
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by kappel15 View Post
my quick start guide says it should be AU2
If that works for you, fine.

AU2 is my satellite radio (SkyFi3)
Old 09-02-2010, 04:59 PM   #58

i have the box for the satelite radio, but won't spend the monthly fee for it. too tight. lol
Old 09-02-2010, 07:54 PM   #59
bmg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Fields View Post
Ahh, there is an interesting story on how the TVs only came with optical outputs, but that is for another time over a beer - maybe.

The current and past Concertone(s) DO NOT come with optical inputs, but they will be shipping with these soon. Additionally, Concertone wiill be suppling and opti-box to convert and supply audio input to current system.

Each of these will be available later in the 4th quarter.
Bob,now I'm curious. How about taking a rain check on some Boston Lager and tell us about the optical on the TV output. At home we have the optical on our Samsung Plasma TV plugged into the Yamaha amp. Now any HDMI or RCA sound jacks plugged into the TV are played through the surround mode and we get a great sound.

Our SV264 has a 4 year old Concertone. I have the RCA jacks plugged into the DTV box and play the TV sound thru the AUX output (I mute the TV since the sound is not in sync when both the TV and Concertone play simultaneously). I switch the RCA jacks to the DVD player when watching a movie. However, the best setup would be optical sound to the Concertone. That way any HDMI plugged into the TV (DVD, computer etc) would have optical sound the same as at home. I'm surprised that Concertone is just now coming out with optical. Give us more info if you can.
bmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 06:09 AM   #60
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Fields View Post
The good news is all units have the appropriate wiring diagram ON THEM so you don't even need a separate piece of paper - it is right where you will be checking the connections.

Bob I would love to know the full story of the optical outputs. I will also be a customer of the converter box when it is ready, so give us a "head's up"

If you would like a "Beta Tester" drop me a line.
Lou