Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-16-2009, 07:14 PM   #1

Tv problem

Our 2003 Wildwood has a tv problem similar to others posted--but i need a really simplified answer if you can help me..on cable we get all but the lower five channels 'pretty clearly'--if we hook cable up to the SATELLITE connection inside and outside,(using our home cable system) we get a really beautiful picture on all channels but then we get no signal in the bedroom--I take it the bedroom is wired only to the LR cable connection? Could my cable coax connector be loose behind the plate in the LR causing only a FEW channels to not be really clear? I hate to open a can of worms so figure if worse comes to worse, I can use a splitter outside and run a separate line with a flat wire connector thru the BR window to that tv...is there anything wrong with making use of the satellite connection instead of cable? Also, I notice that my coax connector to the tv gets pretty warm (at the tv end) and don't know if this is a problem or is it on all tv's in enclosed areas? (This clarity problem has only become noticeable since we bought a larger tv--must be more sensitive to these issues than the smaller screens..? And we get great reception running direct from the house cable to the set..so it's a problem interior-aly.) Thanks for any help...Janalee
campbugjan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 11:30 PM   #2

I found the cable TV outlet in the bedroom with the booster switch and 12v outlet had a loose connection. I would get snow-ey picture when hooked to cable at an RV park. I went through each of my cable junction outlets and low and behold, the last one I checked was in the bedroom to fix it - Loose connection. Hope this helps.
2002 Chevy Duramax
955wildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 04:06 PM   #3

We had a cable problem with our trailer from day one.
The dealer was not able to diagnose it very well because they did not have cable tv there.

What I did was to gut all the cable (with the exception of the run back to the bedroom tv) and re cable everything.
The bedroom cable got new connectors.
The culprit turned out to be the cable splitter located in the wall behind the living room tv.
It was a cheap piece of cra......um...I mean...ah....junk

On a side note, evey one of the connectors were loose. Must have been a new guy working on my trailer that day.

Everything is fine now.

You can get a spool of cable from home depot and all the tools you need too.

I had them left over from last year when I ran cable throughout our house.

It's not to hard to do.

Hope this is helpful.

Bill

"I've got a mind like a steele.. a......a steele......um.....uh...... what's that thing called again?
fivecodys is offline   Reply With Quote