Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-06-2010, 08:18 PM   #1

TV reception

Hi,

I have a 2006 Wildwood 27BHSS and we love it. I have 2 TV, both digital and both have the same problem, no reception from the antenna. The booster is on and I have received broadcasts fine in the past. I noticed this first last fall but I thought it was because we were in a remote spot, but I can't get anything in my driveway either. Last year I could get broadcasts on either the analog and digital tuners, now nothing. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Don
73mach1429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 08:30 PM   #2

Sounds like a cable disconnection.

Check your antenna/cable connections. Start at the cable connection on the outside wall. Remove it and check on the back side. Check the antenna itself connections itself. Check the F connectors on all outlets to make sure that the center pin has not been mashed against the outside nut on the inside. This can happen very easily. Check the connectors on the backs on all wall plates.

Click here and scroll down to page 5.
milzat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 04:00 AM   #3

I agree its one of two things, the connections or the power boost. Check all the connections make sure they are more than finger tight. You will have to pull wall plates and maybe even sound systems to get to all the connections. Check the power boost to see if its working.
cardinal4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 06:23 AM   #4

I had the same problem the other day when i went into the rig to check I turned the TV on and it couldn't find any channels. I had to reset my channels in the menu program area of the TV from time to time. When I reset the channels I began receiving a few channels...

Bill
2020 GMC Duramax-3500HD 4x4 CrewCab
B&W Companion 25K Fifth Wheel Hitch
2010 Wildcat 28RKBS (West Coast Model)
56 Gallon Titan Tank
bsmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 07:35 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

In my case, I traced the problem to the connector that runs through the roof. Both of the center wires (the antennae, and booster) were completely corroded away at the ends. I had to pull the microwave out to get to the wire that runs to the booster. I cut off an inch from the faulty ends, and installed new connectors, and all works well now.

I originally just fixed the antennae wire, as it was easier to get to. But after still not getting TV reception, I plugged the antennae directly to the booster, and got good reception, leaving the wire from the roof coupler to the booster as the additonal suspect.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 11:17 AM   #6

I too have this problem from time to time. I first try to autoprogram the channels. If that doesn't work I rotate the antenna a quarter turn and try the autoprogram again. I have had to repeat these steps up to three times in the past to get channels programmed. So far I have not had to do any more than this.
grandpaofthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 01:31 PM   #7

I found the problem. I pulled the amplifier plate and tightened to check the cables and found one a little loose. Tightened the nut less than 1/4 turn and now get about 8 stations while in my driveway. Thanks for the help. I was surprised that a connection that was barely loose could cause that much of a difference.

Thanks,
Don
73mach1429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 04:33 PM   #8
The Jolly Mon

Send a message via Yahoo to NDJollyMon
Glad you found it. It can be a brain teaser sometimes.

2018 Wildwood Grand Lodge 42 DLTS
-Seasonal Space, Northern MN.
-2017 Sylvan 8522 LZ LES/115 Merc/Sea Legs
NDJollyMon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tv reception