Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-17-2009, 11:43 PM   #1
kre

Two technical issues

I have a Georgetown 350 and have two tech questions:

1. I know this seems simple, but where is the fresh water drain on the 350? I have unscrewed the little grey plug in what looks like the fresh water drain in the propane compartment and turned the valve and water flows out quickly, but it keeps running. My fresh water tank gauge shows empty? What am I doing wrong?

2. I have a problem with the radio and cigarette lighters not working. I have checked all the fuses under the dash and under the steps, but all are fine. I am trying to check the power distribution box fuses in the engine compartment, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to open it. Can someone give me a tip on opening it?
kre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 11:26 PM   #2

As to question 1: Your tank sensors will read empty anytime the level drops below the 1/3 level sensors. IE, if the water is just a millimeter below the sensors you actually still have 1/3 tank of water but the sensor will read zero. Yes the plug you found is the low point drain. There actually may be two in that area, one for the water tank and one for the plumbing. Depends on the rig.

As to question 2: Be sure your radio switch is put in the "park" mode on the dash if your ignition is off otherwise the radio won't work. For the cigarette lighter we would need more info, does it work with the ignition on for instance.... Our works with the ignition off but some rigs may be built differently.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 10:21 AM   #3

Radio and 12VDC outlets

re # 2 I have similar problem. lost radio and camera while driving. Also map lighhts and 12VDC outlets are out. What is the radio sw. "park" position. My guess is the rocker "RADIO" on the center console. My map lights are out as well. I did move the rocker switch but no joy.
treeinrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 01:10 PM   #4

Hi Gang,
Among other things, our radio and cigarette lighter(s) are on one of the 15A
fuses in the Battery Control Center box. (My box is under my entrance step.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kre View Post

1. I know this seems simple, but where is the fresh water drain on the 350? I have unscrewed the little grey plug in what looks like the fresh water drain in the propane compartment and turned the valve and water flows out quickly, but it keeps running. My fresh water tank gauge shows empty? What am I doing wrong?

2. I have a problem with the radio and cigarette lighters not working. I have checked all the fuses under the dash and under the steps, but all are fine. I am trying to check the power distribution box fuses in the engine compartment, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to open it. Can someone give me a tip on opening it?
Old 09-21-2009, 01:16 PM   #5

Fuses in the engine compartment

I too would like to know the secret for opening the
fuse box on the Firewall directly behind the air filter
in the engine compartment.

Quote:

Old 09-21-2009, 01:27 PM   #6
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:

1. NWJeeper handled this one. When it stops dripping which takes quite a while it's empty.
2. As for opening that fuse box, 1st-get a First Aid Kit because you'll most likely need a bandaid and something to stuff in your mouth so the neighbors don't hear you cussing. Seriously, the right side of that box has a tab on the right of the box that you need to push outwards. Then pull the whole end piece toward you until it comes off. It's really tough to do since the location couldn't be much worse. Not to mention the wonderful feeling in the lower back that comes from the awkward position. On the right side at the bottom there is a tab over clip type connection. Get your finger behind the tab and pull outward. This releases the door on the box. It will open but it takes a bit of tugging to get it to release. One thing you'll never have to worry about is the door just flying open or falling off.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote