Old 10-27-2008, 09:23 PM   #1
v-lite low point drains

Having started my first winterization of my 08 v-lite camper I finally located my low point water drain valves under the shower. What a horrible, inconvient place to put them! I pulled up on the hot water valve handle and all seemed to work correctly. Pulling up on the cold water handle was a different story. The handle pulled up entirely out of the valve assembly. It appeared as a small plastic rod with 2 o-rings, one at the bottom and one at the top. I am guessing the valve handle should not be coming out of the assembly but there doesn't seem to be anything broken. It was easy to put the handle back in the assembly but I'm not sure if it is going to leak once I put water pressure back on the system. Does anyone have any experience with these valves. I have a similiar plunger valve on my water tank drain. Thanks for any replies.

cdurham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 06:45 AM   #2
Site Team
I just crawled under my trailer yesterday and saw 2 drains coming out the
bottom under MY shower too!!!
WHY in the HE-L would they put them there???
How did you access yours?????

To answer your question- no the handle is not supposed to come all the way out.
It is most likely broken or at least missing the clip that is supposed to stop it
from coming out. We've heard from folks who say they can be really stubborn to
pull up the first time. I can see how it would be easy to yank it all the way out ;-(
IF you can put it back it might very well not leak but only a pressure test will tell.
I'm just going to blow mine out and then pump in a little RV antifreeze as I worry
that the "low point" drains might not be the only low spot in the system.
I suppose they would be low if my trailer were parked on a big hill but it's
on a level pad.
I also worry about places like the water pump itself not getting drained so I'm gonna
pump in some antifreeze.

Good luck!!

Dan & Rita D
2004 5.3L Silverado 1500 ext. cab 2WD
1999 Suzuki Intruder Motorcycle
Blue Ox WD hitch, AirLift load levelers

Camping days 2010-53, 2011-47, 2012-41,
2013-41, 2014-31, 2015-40, 2016-38
KyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 07:49 AM   #3
There is an access panel in the bathroom just under the shower handles. Take the cover off and look about half way back and you will see them. You may have to just feel the lines and follow them back and you will find them. Thanks for your post. I was pretty sure the valve was broken.
cdurham is offline   Reply With Quote