Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-30-2009, 07:40 PM   #1

V10 Triton Identification

I've been researching to do some engine upgrades and came across a VIN problem that I thought I would share.

Run darn near ANY recent F53 chassis VIN at the Ford website and it will tell you that the engine has 305 HP.

Best I can tell, when Ford switched from the 20valve to the 30 valve engine they never changed the engine code in the VIN (8th character). 2006 and newer chassis should all have a 30V V10 with the higher HP and Torque.

I've been looking at pics of various Ford V10s and the best I can tell the 20 valve has a round air intake at the engine and the 30V is more of a flattened oval at the engine.

This VIN problem can't be good for our resale values. Spending $50+ thousand for a used coach, I would DEFINITELY run the VIN. Then I would be bummed that some jerk with the coach I want is saying he has 362HP when it's only 305HP.
TulsaSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 08:53 AM   #2
CLASS "A" Senior Member

That's interesting. You may want to print this as your proof when you're ready to sell your coach.

http://www.specialtyvehicles.com/pdfs/fe-gas.pdf

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 08:56 AM   #3

Thanks for the link. I'll add that to my files for the coach. I plan to keep this coach for many years, but you never know.
Old 11-01-2009, 09:15 AM   #4
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TulsaSteve View Post
Thanks for the link. I'll add that to my files for the coach. I plan to keep this coach for many years, but you never know.
I bought a 4 gb Zip drive and downloaded a ton of manuals for all types of things in the motorhome. I keep it in the laptop tray on the dash. I always have the laptop and don't need to drag all the books with me. That way when it rains and it usually does, I can read up on something even if there's no internet.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Old 11-01-2009, 09:46 AM   #5

Hmm.. I have an extra thumb drive from a conference I went to.. (back before the depression)

Yet another winter project for my list! Thanks for the idea.
Old 11-01-2009, 09:51 AM   #6
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TulsaSteve View Post
Hmm.. I have an extra thumb drive from a conference I went to.. (back before the depression)

Yet another winter project for my list! Thanks for the idea.
It seems that just about every manufacturer has manuals for download. I just made a list one Sunday of the products, manufacturer and model numbers and went surfing. I found the majority of them without much trouble. It sure beats carrying all those manuals. Have fun.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Old 11-02-2009, 12:21 PM   #7
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Found another link with a pdf of the 2006 Chassis. It's everything you ever wanted to know about the chassis from front to rear. It contains every spec there is.

https://www.fleet.ford.com/truckBBAS...essd_06mhc.pdf

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR