Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-02-2011, 08:46 AM   #1

Warranty Claims

Hey guys - quick question.

I am having AC issues. I was told that since I never sent in the registration card the manufacturer will not warranty the claim. I bought the trailer in March 2010 and it has a 2 year Manufacturers warranty.

Has anyone else ran into this?
buckeyefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 08:57 AM   #2
camping

who told you this?

2007 Chevy 2500HD CC
2010 V-Lite 30WRLTS
Nights Camped 2011 -64
Nights Camped 2012 -50
"I Live in My Own World, But It's OK. They Know Me"
tentcamper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 08:57 AM   #3

I don't know in your particular case? But I've never sent in a registration card on anything we've purchased. Never had a problem filling a claim as long as I had the receipt showing the purchase date. We had the Carrier A/C unit replaced on our old TT 2 years after we purchased. They only asked for the date of purchase, model, and serial #'s when I called.
GrowingGoatee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 09:08 AM   #4

That sounds like total BS.. I would get your dealer to give them a call and confirm purchase date. That is all they need.
TitanFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 09:20 AM   #5

I purchased my fifth wheel January 29/11 at the RV show and didn't take position until April 21/11. I specifically asked the dealer when the warranty period begins and he stated when I took delivery or "when the sale gets registered Forest River". His words; the dealer that is. The camper was not "registered with FR" until after I took delivery.

Incidentally, i expect to have my first warranty claim after this weekend. When I hooked water to test the plumbing, I discovered a bad leak with the kitchen faucet. The stem was x-treaded. I took it apart, retreaded and it still leaks. Can I replace with a better quality residential faucet. Canadian Tire has a nice one on sale now for $99.
Danze Melrose Series Single Handle Pull Out Kitchen Faucet, 8-in | Canadian Tire
2019 FR Vibe 28RL
Rugged Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 10:15 AM   #6

We had a kitchen faucet "let go" one night, woke to the sound of dripping water and a wet floor

Phoned the dealer the next day, told them what had happened and that I would be buying a replacement faucet immediately as we could not live without water until FR sent a new faucet.

Went down to Lowes and bought a single leaver pullout type which fitted in just fine.
FR paid up with no question about 5 days later.
wooly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 11:57 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

If its stated as a condition of the warranty then, yes, you do need to send it in. Read the fine print, and it will tell you exactly whether you have to send the card in to qualify. Don't trust the salesman.

Most registration cards are commonly used as a marketing tool by the manufacturer, as a way of gaining private information about you (that may be sold) and that is used by them to understand the demographic and also as a way to inform you of any future safety recall.

The recall notification feature is nice to have. The rest is a privacy issue in my opinion. I return some cards with the bare minimum of personal information for the recall notices (name, mailing address, email address and product serial number).

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 06:39 PM   #8

My dealer said not to fill out all of the cards, as this is all inclusive with the Forest River warranty from the factory. They said when they send paperwork back to the factory, that warranty starts on PDI date.

2011 Flagstaff 8528BHSS
2008 Toyota Tundra SR5
electromagn8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 03:34 PM   #9

My Forest River trailer goes in to the shop after each camping trip with a new problem and I never sent FR anything. The only problem I have is waiting on FS to approve the warranty claim. I have one of those "built on Friday" trailers.
msteeler is offline   Reply With Quote