Old 05-04-2012, 04:25 PM   #11

The dealer has told me they are not going to do anything more for me, including trying to get anything from the manufacturer so now I am waiting to hear back from FR.

Old 05-04-2012, 04:26 PM   #12

Big Willy, glad to hear that they did both sides of your camper.
It may have cost a couple of bucks, but you have a much better unit now. Interesting that they also upgraded the axles. Did they put heavier ones in? The ones they come with are minimal at best.

As for pulling your boat, it is also an "ultralight", haha, so you shouldn't have any issues if the installer did it right. But the frames on these lightweights are fairly pathetic, mine isn't even a real I-beam, but 3 pieces of thin metal strips welded together by machine. I have never seen anything quite so cheap, but I knew I was buying a fifth with a lot of compromises in the quest to save weight.

Even worse, though, is that they punched huge holes throught the so-called I-beam for the slide mechanism to go through. They tacked "reinforcement" patches over the holes, but it isn't done the way I would have. Kindof scary really, and I don't think I will be putting a hitch on mine, even after the warranty is done.

Old 05-04-2012, 04:29 PM   #13

craig-mac, if you have the documentation of your discussions with the dealer, take them to court. Simply put, they screwed you. No "body-shop" knows how to fix delamination, as the only fix is to replace the walls.
Sorry to hear your tale.
Old 05-04-2012, 04:46 PM   #14

Thanks to all for the sympathetic ear and advice. We are starting the proceedings to take action against the dealer. When we talked to the factory rep last fall he told us to stop work but the work was already started and I wasn't about to send my trailer back out into the rain with a gaping hole in the side. Hopefully they will at least do something about the way their product is represented by this dealer. I will do my best to make deter people from dealing there. We have plenty of RV dealers here so we do have choices.
Old 05-08-2012, 11:18 PM   #15

Roof Delam

Hi, we bought our 2012 Forest River Surveyor 235RKS from Valley RV in Burlington, WA in February of 2012. After delivery we started noticing the seam tape was coming detached. I pulled one off and it wasnt even covering a seam. It was covering a large damaged spot obviously caused by the factory and then just covered up. There were 3 more spots like that. Also after our first use we noticed that the one of the kitchen cabinet pieces was cut too long and got in the way of the window treatment "valance" so they used a sawzall and cut out a knotch very cruedly. Forest River covered all of this and replaced the walls and the cabinet piece. Recently May 4th I noticed that our bathroom door was not shutting and it was because it was coming detached from the wall. I then recieved a noticed from Forest River of a recall to our vent caps. I took the trailer back to the dealer for the warrantly work. They called me today May 8th and said it was done but would need to be brought back for more work to the roof. They told me the front left part of the roof was delaminating and causing a water leak problem and pulling the caulking away from the edge. If not treated it would cause bigger problems down the road.

Really? I have had this trailer for 3 months and only used it once. Looking for a little advice on what I should do. My gut tells me to only accept a new trailer or a refund because a 3 month old trailer should not need this extensive of work. I am very pissed off and am trying to remain calm but any advise would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 07-05-2012, 01:54 PM   #16

Update, After fighting with the dealership and getting no where I sent a complaint to the Better Business Bureau. Forest River has offered to replace the wall at no cost to me. Just very disappointed it took this long to get this accomplished. Thank you FR and BBB for the help.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:32 PM   #17

Funny story. I also live in Alberta Canada and am experiencing the same problem. 2013 Flagstaff bought at Paradise RV in Grande Prairie Alberta. Dealer tells me they want to take it to a body shop for repair. Reading Craig Mac's posts and appears that maybe I just head straight to the BBB. Maybe I'll mention the BBB to the dealer first though?

bowmab
Old 02-21-2013, 04:20 PM   #18

Most RV trailer companys tell you not to install a hitch and pull anything with a fiver or TT. Yes I have heard that many will void the warranty if you do.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:53 AM   #19

Received our trailer back from the factory. They ended up replacing all walls and the roof. Unfortunately when the trailer came back there was some damage to the fender and the skirting but none to the wall. May have been done at the factory, may have been done unloading (by the lack of bugs on the front of the trailer it appeared the trailer was hauled on a trailer rather than towed on it's own).The dealer's rep thought maybe they could say the damage was there before it went in but pointed out the damage was on the brand new wall. The dealership did repair the damages. My advice to you is to talk with Rob (when he is in GP. He alternates between Red Deer and GP). Tell him you spoke to Craig, the the guy who had the same trouble in Red Deer. Also get in touch with the factory now and start the ball rolling. Body shops cannot fix this problem. Good luck and keep us posted.
Old 07-17-2013, 12:44 PM   #20

Hi Craig mac, i am in the same boat as what you were in. they want me to send my trailer back to them, but i have to pay for the shipping. Did you pay for any shipping?

Tags
delamination, trailer hitch