Old 04-20-2012, 01:11 PM   #11

The boat business, if it hasn't changed, is about the same. I bought a boat in Waco because the dealer in Killeen was too much of a shyster... And I was told at a bass tournament... by that dealer... not to bring my boat to him for service. But then, since the attempt to #$%^&*&^%$# me was made at the time of the sale, I wondered out loud to him and many others just why he thought I'd ever darken his doorway again for ANY reason... He was not nearly as amused as I was...

schrederman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 01:34 PM   #12
Site Team - Lou

My so called "dealer" also got the same speech and I have not been back since.

If I can't do the maintenance; I found a truck and trailer repair place 2 blocks from the house who will do my annual inspection and any heavy repairs I need. If I, or they can't do it, I will schedule an input at the Forest River Facility.

While I feel mentioning their name would be "problematic," I will be happy to warn off anyone who might be in Southeast PA to their shoddy, overpriced maintenance department in a PM.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 12:24 AM   #13

I bought my FR trailer from a dealer 7 hours away. When I needed warranty worked done I called two local RV dealers that sold FR, not my model but a FR dealer. One wanted $75 up front to work on it and the other didn't. I went with the one that didn't charge me. Never had an issue with them except some of the work they had to do took more time than FS allocated for the work, but they worked that out with FS.
Old 04-21-2012, 03:54 PM   #14
Yak

Unlike auto dealers most rv dealers are not franchised but have a "sales agreement" with the manufacturer, same thing with the local mower and chainsaw shops, they're not required to work on what they didn't sell.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:55 AM   #15

Well I took my camper in to the shop that coach net recommended. They did the work without question and did it in a timely manor. I went and picked it up yesterday and they were very curteous. No out of pocket charges for me. He will just run it through coachnet.
The shop owner told me that he doesn't normally work on forest river stuff. He had a falling out with them a few years back when he was a forest river dealer. He did say that he would help me out on future repairs if needed though so I thought that was nice.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:14 AM   #16
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbcarr87 View Post
Well I took my camper in to the shop that coach net recommended. They did the work without question and did it in a timely manor. I went and picked it up yesterday and they were very curteous. No out of pocket charges for me. He will just run it through coachnet.
The shop owner told me that he doesn't normally work on forest river stuff. He had a falling out with them a few years back when he was a forest river dealer. He did say that he would help me out on future repairs if needed though so I thought that was nice.

Feel free to name names in the Dealer Review Forum.
Everyone wants to know who we can trust in a pinch.
We get plenty of who to avoid.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 12:51 PM   #17

Warranty work from a different dealer

I have been following this thread from the day the wife and I purchased a Sunseeker 2250 Class C. One question has never been addressed. Are Forest River owners able to take the RV back to Forest River in Elkhart, IN to have warranty accomplished?
Old 05-23-2013, 12:43 PM   #18

I am also traveling out of state to purchase my TT. The Puma brand is not sold in my area and the closest dealer without crossing into Canada is 300 miles away. I called them to purchase from them but told the dealer what price I could get by going out of state. They wouldn't come down on their price so a road trip I will go! I will be saving 10K so I figure I could do alot of repairs for that savings.
Old 05-23-2013, 04:02 PM   #19
Moderators' Assistant

slacktime, not sure if you noticed but this thread is nearly a year old.
you can always contact Palomino and they'll help with finding someone to do warranty work.

2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote