Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-09-2016, 09:50 AM   #1

Water hose inside wall 'bouncing'

When we flush the toilet, there are water hoses running up from to the galley that will bounce a bit within the walls. I'm concerned about developing a leak. I thought it may be the pressure was too high, so I turned it down. I thought perhaps there was air in the lines, bled them, and still the 'dancing'. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Larry Tiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 10:01 AM   #2

My guess is the lines are too long giving them room to move even under low pressure.

If you can even get to them then shorten them or anchor them down.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=...76111668793644
Old 10-09-2016, 01:03 PM   #3
Site Team

What you have is a little water hammer. All lines pretty much have it, but they usually don't contact something when it happens.

If you can secure them, that would be a good idea, but don't stress over it too much as it probably won't cause a leak.
Old 10-09-2016, 01:33 PM   #4

all you can do is open up a wall and secure with some sort of strap
davel1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 01:59 PM   #5

Found the trouble! The 'stuff' we had packed under the sink had fallen over next to the hose, and the hose was tapping that.
Thanks for everyone's suggestions!
Larry Tiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 02:31 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Tiner View Post
Found the trouble! The 'stuff' we had packed under the sink had fallen over next to the hose, and the hose was tapping that.
Thanks for everyone's suggestions!
LOL!

Glad it was just that easy for you.....

Old 10-09-2016, 03:08 PM   #7
Mod free 5er

For future hoses hammering in the walls, you can just get some foam pipe insulation like pool noodles and cover them. Just start on an exposed pipe and push in down the line.
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 12:23 AM   #8
CC4

Re: Water hose inside wall 'bouncing'

I have a Tracer Air 250 which has a slider that includes the kitchen sink, plumbing pipes and hoses. The second trip out as I was washing the dishes and draining the sink (in my socks) I noticed that my feet were wet. I looked down and saw that water was spewing out onto the floor from under the cabinetry. I threw down a towel and quickly grabbed my toolbox and opened up the screwed panels to find that the drain hose had come unattached from the piping that led to the grey water storage. With duct tape, cable ties and fresh screws I tightened the drain lines as best I could and continued on for the rest of the camping week. While returning home I passed the dealership which I had informed of the problem immediately upon discovering the problem. Although they had told me they wouldn't be able to take the trailer in for repair until later in the month, I took it in anyway due to the fact that I was going out camping in two weeks for an extended lake camping visit. They did correct the problem and secured the piping and re-glued the joints that had failed and the problem was resolved at no cost to me. It's never fun to have plumbing problems in an RV or trailer and I think plumbing failures are a bigger problem than is realised by campers. Any weakness in the installation will fail due to vibration and (in the case of sliding kitchens) pressure on the piping during the powering in and out of the slides. Good luck with your issues but do get it fixed before worse problems occur.
CC4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water