Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-01-2014, 02:12 PM   #1

Water leak under shower, damage?

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1409598437.810270.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	598.2 KB
ID:	61946

We. It iced water on the floor in our bunk area today. After investigation we found thiseak, appears to be from the elbow of the shower drain. Any idea what kind of under belly/floor damage this could cause? The depression in the floor was about 3" deep, surrounded by foam and the bottom speared to be plywood. We scooped out all the water and dried with towels.
Have had unit 11 months. Taking it in for dealer to investigate when they open again this week. Most worried about areas it seeped to that we can't see; like mold, soft areas, etc . Should still have warranty coverage on this type issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

2014 Surveyor SPT295
Texasblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 06:23 PM   #2

iPhone typos fixed here, sorry for the mess in the original post.

We discovered water on the floor in our bunk area today at the end of a 4 day trip. After investigation we found this leak, which appears to be from the elbow of the shower drain. There were about 5 showers taken in the RV (kids went to the camp facilities)

Any idea what kind of under belly/floor damage this could cause?

The depression in the floor where the water collected was about 3" deep, surrounded by foam and the bottom appeared to be plywood. We scooped out all the water and dried with towels.
We have had unit 11 months. Taking it in for dealer to investigate when they open again this week. Most worried about areas it seeped to that we can't see; like mold, soft areas, etc . Should still have warranty coverage on this type issue, but am wondering what to look for and how far to expect the shop to investigate this type of leak. Does this involve removing the underbelly or replacing the floor?

Thanks for any suggestions or help offered!

2014 Surveyor SPT295
Texasblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 06:42 PM   #3
Plain Old Member

Underbelly definitely needs to come off, which should give access to the P-trap area as well. You'll probably find some water in there too. It should be covered under warranty. I have a feeling a lot more water soaked items will be found. Bad thing is, that is such a simple thing to go wrong, yet can cause a ton of damage. Might want to check everything else to make sure there are no more water leak gremlins. For now, break out the fans and maybe a dehumidifier, try to dry it out and prevent any further damage.

In the future, that's one of the many things that should be done in a PDI. We take things apart to access everything we can to prove that nothing leaks. For those areas we can't access, we start cutting walls and start installing access panels. I caught most of our plumbing leaks before we stayed the first night in ours.
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, show, shower, water, water leak