Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-25-2018, 11:38 AM   #1

Wax/protectant/polish

I have always used Nu Finish on my trailers and have had great results. Last year we bought a new 2017 Cherokee V-Nose. We started to apply it this spring. Got distracted for a few minutes and came back and decided to wipe off the area that I just did. The trailer is two-tone/two finish. One part came off easily. The other part was more of a matte and was a BEAR to get rubbed off. Any idea what I can put on the whole trailer or at least on the matte part? It wasn't as hard to get off as when you accidentally get a little on the black plastic spots or trim but not easy. I'm just glad that I didn't apply it to the whole trailer before wiping it off.
Erock67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 08:53 PM   #2

Many of use use WashWax All by Aero Cosmetics. Take a look at their website. Very easy to use.

BuzzWolfAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 10:24 PM   #3

There are products marketed specifically for the care of matte finishes. For example, Adams makes 2 detail sprays...one for gloss finish and one for matte.
Old 05-28-2018, 07:59 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegacyFB38 View Post
There are products marketed specifically for the care of matte finishes. For example, Adams makes 2 detail sprays...one for gloss finish and one for matte.
So it is a 2 step process? Not a 1 for all? I'm more worried about UV fade than anything.
Erock67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 10:18 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erock67 View Post
So it is a 2 step process? Not a 1 for all? I'm more worried about UV fade than anything.
If you don't mind the matte finish gaining some shine, I suspect using the same product(s) on both finishes would be fine. Try a small area and see if you like the results.

It sounds like you'd like to take care of the finish but not obsess over it. If that is the case, a single product like a "wash and wax" might work well for you. There are MANY brands of the stuff.

Tags
wax