Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-23-2018, 07:43 PM   #1

Weird moisture on floor of Salem 241QBXL

Just wanted to see if any of you have any input on this. Over the last week we have noticed moisture on the floor of the trailer in various locations. It seems like it is seeping up through the floor. I know this sounds strange and it is strange. There hasn't been moisture in the same spot twice. We had rain today so I had the wife check around all the windows and no walls were damp. None is around the ac so I know it's not leaking there. We haven't towed in rain so the bottom of the trailer isn't saturated. It is parked on grass/ straw. Any ideas? Does it sound like a trip to the dealer?

We do use the disposable dehumidifier bags in the plastic holder, but keep them in the sink incase someone forgets to check them

It's not pools or puddles of water. It just looks like it's seeping up from the floor.
Bwood BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 07:55 PM   #2

Has your AC been working correctly? It could be freezing up and then thawing. Thawing ice could be spewing randomly from the vents? Just a WAG, but this happened to me when my AC unit went bad.
R3Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 08:01 PM   #3

No it's been parked since June 23rd when got back from our beach trip to Lakewood Campground in Myrtle Beach. Nothing is hooked up so no water pressure or anything running. Thanks for the info! I'll keep a look out for that problem!
Old 07-23-2018, 08:12 PM   #4

Plan on looking around the water pump tomorrow when I get home from work. Walked all around just now bear foot and don't feel any wet areas.
Old 07-23-2018, 08:14 PM   #5
Coach

Is this the same parking spot you've always parked it? Could the floor be getting cooled some how and the moisture is just condensing out of the air, or is it more substantial looking than condensation?

2017 Sandpiper 381RBOK
2006 Ram 3500 Cummins Dually
valleyduo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 08:17 PM   #6

It is the same spot we always park it in. I was wondering like you said about the condensation. It doesn't feel excessively humid. We are pulling some out with the disposable dehumidifier. Wifey is replacing the bags as I type. She a good woman you know!
Old 07-23-2018, 08:22 PM   #7

It could be from condensation I guess. It's not puddles or pools. I'll try and snap a pic or two tomorrow when I get home. You can easily wipe it with 2 papertowels and there hardly damp.
Old 07-24-2018, 02:04 PM   #8
Site Team

I bet it's dewpoint condensation. It'll do funny things. The floor probably isn't cooling at the same rate all over and it causes condensation in places. Those places will change depending on wind, etc..
Old 07-24-2018, 06:10 PM   #9

Well no water today. Walked it barefoot again with a flashlight and didn't see or feel anything. Seems most likely to have been condensation. Guess I got caught up in the wife's paranoia. But wanted some second opinions. Thanks again for the help and suggestions.
Old 07-24-2018, 07:24 PM   #10

Get a dehumidifier from Wally world. 30 at should do it.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 07:30 PM   #11
Site Team

Are you sure it is water?

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 07:38 PM   #12

No smell at all, was worried about it being a "mouse trail" but it had no smell. First time I saw it I made sure to give it a smell test.

BTW Thank you for your service Flybob!
Old 07-24-2018, 08:18 PM   #13

Question: When you clean the floors, do you use a product like a SWIFFER or anything else that has a similar "cleaning fluid" that gets applied to the floor? If so, I would strongly suggest that after using such a "stand alone" product in your trailer that you use a water rinse to pick up the residue that is left from the cleaning fluid. It does build up and it will attract moisture out of the air. It makes some floor areas look different and feel different if it is left in place.
Villagerjjm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
floor, salem