Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-29-2015, 11:42 AM   #1
rbg

West coast rear view mirror

I was travelling down I95 headed to Virginia Beach when my passenger side mirror glass fell out of the west coast mirror. Apparently the glue gave out where it was glued to bracket. I found a mirror I could zip tie and duct tape in place to get me to campsite I have been on the phone trying to get a replacement mirror glass but so far no help. I contacted Hadley Mirror company (the manufacturer) and they verified the part number off the mirror bracket but would not sell to me. Said I had to go thru supplier. I tried local forest river dealer they are closed for a week. I then tried three camping world locations by phone and they gave me the rub around in their parts dept. no help there. I then tried my forest river dealer in Texas where I bought my used motor home (2007 Sun seeker). They are saying Hadley Mirror company won't sell to them that they must go thru supplier. They are supposedly still trying. Two days and no help yet. Any ideas?
rbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 11:52 AM   #2

Try a local glass company, they should be able to get you one or cut you one to fit.
Old 12-29-2015, 01:13 PM   #3
rbg

Thanks I thought of that but the mirror piece had a plastic ring built into it and that ring glues onto the swivel ring inside the mirror bracket. Not sure a glass company could reproduce that
Old 12-29-2015, 01:59 PM   #4

Only other thing I know is try bigrigworld.com or maybe a truck shop.
Old 12-30-2015, 05:27 PM   #5

Mirror

Not a truck or RV, but my daughter broke the passenger mirror on her Honda Accord. Local glass shop ordered the replacement mirror glass and replaced it in no time at all.
Good luck.

Chris in Virginia

vasnipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 08:00 PM   #6
rbg

Thanks Chris. I plan on trying that when I get home to Texas. I hope my patched mirror will hold until then. I did try the Bigrig.com company and although they said they do business with Hadley Mirrors but I gave them the part number and still have not heard back from them. It may just be the holidays
Old 12-30-2015, 08:07 PM   #7

Sorry to hear of your inconvenience with your mirror but I hope you are enjoying Virginia Beach. I lived there for 37 years before moving to Oklahoma and miss it evetyday.
keeprr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 01:37 PM   #8
rbg

Found the mirror

Thanks to all in the forum. My dealer back home finally found the replacement mirror glass. A little pricey $120.00 + shipping. But it's on it's way. Thanks for your help
Old 01-07-2016, 07:01 PM   #9
rbg

Results of Hadley Mirror issue

Just wanted to let everyone know that helped me on my west coast mirror that the glass fell out of what the end result was. My RV dealer did find the part for me but at no small price. They charged me $129.00 plus $29.95 shipping. When I saw the invoice from the company they purchase the glass and plastic bracket from it was only $76.00. When I questioned the markup they replied "this is how we make make
Money". I don't mind some mark up but but that's not right. Anyway found out from the company they bought it from that I can buy it from them as a consumer. Company is Component Products in Volo Illinois . So if anyone needs some parts for their RV give them a try
Old 01-07-2016, 07:43 PM   #10
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Those mirror glasses with the plastic ring just pop into place....you also can remove the glass by lightly heating mirror glass with heat gun
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote