Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-12-2011, 03:25 PM   #1

What is the best screen room?

Greetings all,
I am looking for a screen room for my Dometic awning and I am not interested in drilling holes in my brand new unit to install a screen room. Anyone have any suggestions? Also, does anyone use a lightweight "tent" screen room, which is the best one of those? I have an ez-up tent but It is a little heavy (commercial grade tent) and the screen panels for that are a little exspensive. Thank you for your imput.

Daren S.
St. Joseph, MI
2011 Rockwood Mini-Lite 2304
Campski65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 03:33 PM   #2
(Kim)

I just picked up a tent 'screen room' at Canadian Tire. It is about 12x12ft, pretty easy to set-up, and weighs only 16lbs. There is a picture of it on my profile.

I drool at the trailers with the add-a-room attached under the awning, and have put it on my 'wish list'.

Do you really have to drill holes in to attach it? I thought the sides just used clips to attach......
DH (Alan), DD (Madison) and Zoey the lab,
Labzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 03:33 PM   #3

That is so weird that you asked that question, cuz i was wondering the same thing today. The wife has been wanting us to get one too!

John N.
Madison Heights, Mi.
2009 Salem LE 27RBEC
2013 F250 Lariat 6.2L
Leathergypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 03:39 PM   #4

I just picked up a tent 'screen room' at Canadian Tire. It is about 12x12ft, pretty easy to set-up, and weighs only 16lbs. There is a picture of it on my profile.

Very nice Labzy! I want one that clips to the awning. Im gonna do a little research online.

John N.
Madison Heights, Mi.
2009 Salem LE 27RBEC
2013 F250 Lariat 6.2L
Old 07-12-2011, 03:41 PM   #5

I had a screen room on my old unit but...

...It required drilling holes into the sides of the unit to install button snaps. I got it through JC Whitney catalog. I really liked using it but with my new unit I am not gonna drill a single hole anywhere (at least til the warranty expires!) So I am searching for a solution and hoping the good people here can steer me in the right direction.
Thanks again
Daren S.
2011 Rockwood Mini-Lite 2304
Campski65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 03:42 PM   #6
(Kim)

Let me/us know what you find out.

I have looked at the Patty-o Rooms and they are expensive!!!

I think the small, basic package is like $600........ :0
DH (Alan), DD (Madison) and Zoey the lab,
Labzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 03:57 PM   #7

Screen Rooms, Add a Rooms, Window Shades - PPL Motor Homes Just something I found real quick. I'll keep looking though....

John N.
Madison Heights, Mi.
2009 Salem LE 27RBEC
2013 F250 Lariat 6.2L
Old 07-12-2011, 08:44 PM   #8
Anacortesians

Having looked at 3-sided add-ons to the awning, we decided we didn't want to go that route. We don't pull a toad, so very occasionally, we may go sightseeing in the MH.

When CGs are real busy, it's not a bad idea to have something to show that your site is occupied. With our previous rig, we used a complicated steel tube and net gazebo that took a good 45 minutes to assemble.

Six years later, we're looking into the quick-erect types with the springy fiberglas poles. Haven't picked one yet, and are having to curtail our travels because of old dog's medical problems.
Old 07-13-2011, 04:51 PM   #9

I am against doing this type of make shift work on my own. Anytime drilling is involved, I feel as if a professional needs to do it. However, from reading other posts it sounds like they don't always get it right either. For this, I have bought a canopy with a screen that allows me to enjoy a bug free sitting/eating area. It has been cost effective and I don't have to change anything on my rig.
ontheriv11 is offline   Reply With Quote