Old 04-24-2010, 08:25 PM   #21

Question , I have a 2010 Rockwood 8315bss , 33' and dry weight 6500#. I tow with a Chrysler Aspen hemi, 3,54 and had a lot of sway going recently to Fl from PA. I have WD Reese dual cam hitch and still the sway. Any suggestions or would I fair bettter with a Ram 1500??
Thanks

Old 04-24-2010, 08:30 PM   #22

OLD POST!!! PLEASE check the date in the right hand top corner. This is OLD news!!!

Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 08:47 PM   #23

brennan4572, I have a Dodge Durango Hemi- same thing as your Aspen, and I experienced the same problem with mine. I also have a Ram 1500 Hemi that I always pull my rig with that works WAY WAY better pulling that. There's several problems with the Aspen/Durango. One is the rear axle is too close to the hitch- (no bed), and two, the width is narrower than the Ram-realize the Aspen/Durango is on a Dakota mid-sized chassis. Also, I found out that the tires being a "P" rated (passenger) tire has a soft sidewall that also contributes to the problem. Try a side to side shake test. I recently put LT tires on my Ram, and WOW, what a difference in side-to-side stability. It makes you see why duallies are great tow vehicles. That is what I suggest- a Ram, also a steeper rear end gear- 3:73 or 3:92 are good. Mine has 3:54's, and really lacks the guts the hemi is capable of, that the steeper gear would give it back. Randy
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 09:09 PM   #24

Thanks Randy, You make a lot of sence. I had heard about the P tires and looked into changing my tires but they do not offer LT in the Aspen range. Best bet will be to look at a Ram , hemi, 3.7 to 3.9. I don't want to go through a pull like I did in March to Fl. Not a relaxing trip to say the least. Good advise.
Thanks