Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-07-2016, 01:20 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerbuggy View Post
No, and you think it would.

What about keeping the fridge door shut when the its off? I've always been told thats not a good thing. I cant keep it opened because the door to the kitchen itself.

How does everyone else deal with this?
You can put a few pieces of charcoal in a disposable dish rag inside. It worked well for storing our refrigerator for 4 year while we were in Germany. No mold etc.
Old 04-07-2016, 03:25 PM   #22

Circuit breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by trbomax View Post
A simpler solution is to just flip the circut breake that supplies the 120 vac to the fridge when yo want it off.
Yup.
sfsgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 06:51 PM   #23

We just got a new 5th wheel with an outside kitchen. The refrigerator didn't have any controls on the inside. I loosened the tie down brackets to check out the back side and low and behold there was the controls. Top right corner just below the top. The top of the fridge is above eye level. Hope this helps.
2014 Shasta Phoenix 27RL Trade in
Rich H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 07:09 PM   #24

To answer your question about what to do with the fridge if you turn it off, here is what I do. Take a pool noodle, cut it down to 6" tall, sliced it open on one side (think Pac Man). I open the fridge, slide it over the side wall of the fridge (I had to do some carving of the noodle), then close the door. This keeps the door slightly cracked open when it is off and I can still use the factory strap to keep if from moving around. It has worked well for me and I haven't had any issues with mold.
leatherneck33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 02:40 PM   #25

I disconnect my battery while plugged in at home(water tends to evaporate) plus it doesn't take very long to charge the battery. Connect it the day before you leave.
mike.t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 07:51 AM   #26

Solar

Disconnect the batteries from the trailer, and attach a small solar panel for each. It won't charge the battery, but it will keep it charged. I used this on a truck I seldom drove, and the battery lasted 10 years.
NPower Amorphous Solar Panel Battery Maintainer Kit — 2.5 Watts | Amorphous Solar Panels| Northern Tool + Equipment
Old 06-06-2016, 02:47 PM   #27

One benefit of the trailer sitting in the driveway... Used the canopies for shade yesterday morning to cook some breakfast tacos on my new gas griddle!

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk
beerbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 02:50 PM   #28

Nice Griddle!

Thats a great looking griddle you have there.... I have the 36" Black Stone Griddle at home and love it.... Im thinking that little guy you have would be perfect for the TT.

Do you love it?
yourguide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 03:00 PM   #29

gas griddle?!?!??! i gotta get one of those!! we have an electric one that is no use when boondocking and they are just so much easier that using frying pans.
bpa098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 03:11 PM   #30

We have a coleman gas grill use it all the time.
danny4127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 03:36 PM   #31

The gas grill looks nice, However your location is absolutely beautiful.
mike.t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 03:43 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourguide View Post
Thats a great looking griddle you have there.... I have the 36" Black Stone Griddle at home and love it.... Im thinking that little guy you have would be perfect for the TT.

Do you love it?
Oh yeah it's great. I just ordered a Camp Chef griddle... It's a big 31" griddle. This one is 17" and perfect for camping in my opinion.

I just ordered an 8' hose to hook up to the quick connects on the camper. Should be a great accessory!

We usually go camping with other families and you can't beat a gas griddle when cooking for large groups. Can cook bacon, sausage, eggs and potatoes all at the same time using the larger griddles.

Old 06-06-2016, 03:47 PM   #33

An electrician friend of mine says it's not good to use a breaker for a switch. Flipping it on and off all the time weakens the mechanism.

Any other thoughts?
MacGumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 03:58 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by dea49 View Post
An electrician friend of mine says it's not good to use a breaker for a switch. Flipping it on and off all the time weakens the mechanism.

Any other thoughts?
I found that if I turn the temp knob on the fridge past 0 it will shut off actually. The first time it took a little effort and thought it might actually break, but now it's fine.

Tags
trailer