Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-26-2011, 09:56 PM   #1

Where do all these Coaxial Cables and RCA Wires run throughout the RV!!

I have a 2008 Wildcat 29 RLS and I am trying to figure out the coaxial wiring of this trailer, because I have 1 coaxial output in the bedroom but I have no clue if it runs to the central hub of coaxial outlets where the main tv goes or if its an outlet that leads to the outside connectors. The reason all this is puzzling me is because i want to see if i hook up a coaxial cable from satellite box to the main panel if one of them leads to the back outlet so I can have a descent size TV hooked up back there to watch movies. Does anyone have any advice?
davistm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 10:16 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

coax to the bedroom I believe only comes from over the air antenna.
In order to have sat in bedroom a new coax has to be run .
sat can only be viewed at main tv
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 11:46 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

The last one I had apart, SHASTA, two weeks ago went like this. Roof antenna came to the wall plate in the main living area. That wall plate had a connection for antenna, and outside cable connection. It also had an output that ran to a splitter behind the stereo and fed the bedroom. When on roof antenna, push the amplifier button, and both televisions would get over the air stations. Leave the button off, and both televisions would get cable from the outside connection. This model did have separate coax for for satellite, that only went to the main living area.
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote