Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-23-2010, 08:45 AM   #1

Where is the cable tv hook up inside

I just bought a 2011 grey wolf 28 bh,it has the outside cable/satellite hookup outside but no outlet inside.The dealer doesnt know,and forest river says the dealer has to tell me.I have called forest river,to talk to someone that installed it but they continue to tell me to call the dealer.This is a small mater but if something big happens I dont see forest river being very good at after the sale service.I am starting to feel very bad about buying forest river products.
jack250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 11:59 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

It's got to be in or around the entertainment center.

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 01:22 PM   #3
Site Team - Lou

Sigh

I had to troubleshoot this one myself.

Here is how the antenna/cable system works.

I will use the Winegard Amp as "typical"

http://www.winegard.com/kbase/upload/2451489.pdf

Is the manual for our Amp.

Note that the Cable connection outside goes to the middle connector on the back of the unit. The External Over the air antenna from the roof goes to the left side back of the unit and the #2 TV (or splitter) goes to the right. The #1 TV goes on the front of the plate.

The SAT connection (if equipped) outside DOES NOT go through the amp but goes directly to the upper connector on the plate.

To use the roof antenna you need to turn on the amp with the little black button. A green light should come on.

To use cable you MUST (no Kidding MUST) turn off the amp. If the green light is on the cable will not work.

Hope this helps.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 03:00 PM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack250 View Post
I just bought a 2011 grey wolf 28 bh,it has the outside cable/satellite hookup outside but no outlet inside.The dealer doesnt know,and forest river says the dealer has to tell me.I have called forest river,to talk to someone that installed it but they continue to tell me to call the dealer.This is a small mater but if something big happens I dont see forest river being very good at after the sale service.I am starting to feel very bad about buying forest river products.
what kind of IDIOT is your dealer?

they can sell you a brand new trailer and not know where the TV hookups are? did you get a good PDI from them. that was covered in ours.
FR has always been somewhat hands-off with customers, preferring that issues like this be the dealer's responsibility.
if your dealer can't help you with such a simple question, heaven help you when you have something serious!
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 03:47 PM   #5

problem solved thanks Cherokee Plant!!

I found a number to the plant in Topeka IN.I talked to a fellow that knows what is in the campers,he solved the problem.The ant. conection is the same for the cable,I took the cover off the ant ,removed the outside cable from there,and now I can hook up satellite.The guys behind the desk need to get together with the guys that build these trailers. thanks Topeka Plant.
jack250 is offline   Reply With Quote