Old 06-02-2016, 12:35 PM   #21
Blog: RVroadtripper.com

I have the 3100 and it runs my A/C just fine. I usually change the Refrigerator and Hot Water to gas and turn off the hot water elec switch. We watch the LED tv and use as many of our LED lights as we want. The items that cannot run at same time are AC plus hairdryer or elec coffee pot. We usually just kill the AC a few minutes then turn it back on when the coffee and hair are done.

Maxxis 16" E; Ride Rite AirBags w/AirLift 1 wireless compr; Adv.Folding 4 Cover Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5erhitch on Reese Flipball w/Curt 4" offset ball LCI Ground Control 3.0 4pt + 2pt Elec.Rear stabilizers; 3 Slidecovers; 10ft. Portabote 6000# Dexters; mor/Ryde CRE3000 w/HD Wetbolts; King Dish Tailgater; 5hp Outboard Dual A/C; Furrion 48 Rear Camera; Champion 3100 Inverter w/Extended Run
hbillsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 10:54 PM   #22

I will update upon my first rv use of the new champion get I bought. I got the dual fuel (gas and propane). Once I figure out the hose setup for propane I am supposed to be able to run it off the quick connect on the trailer. I bought the 100623 model with is a 3100 rated 3400 surge on gas. Little lower on propane

Old 06-12-2016, 12:09 AM   #23

In the same boat here, probably going to buy the newer champion rated at 3400 with the remote start and dual fuel setup. Really want the 2 red ones but would rather spend the extra 1k elsewhere. I usually bring my noise maker 6k briggs where we dry camp but had a neighbor complain a few weeks ago at about midnight it was really loud....he literally put his tent right next to the thing. I told him to get off is air mattress and sleep on the happy jack in my garage with the ac cranking and forget about it! Whatever I was tired of pushing that monster up the ramp anyways
Blktegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 03:25 PM   #24

I was not able to get remote start and dual fuel. It was either remote start or dual fuel, but not both
Old 06-12-2016, 09:27 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchd View Post
I will update upon my first rv use of the new champion get I bought. I got the dual fuel (gas and propane). Once I figure out the hose setup for propane I am supposed to be able to run it off the quick connect on the trailer. I bought the 100623 model with is a 3100 rated 3400 surge on gas. Little lower on propane
I do not believe you will be able to safely run your dual fuel Champion from your RV quick connect. The Champion regulator is designed to kill the propane feed should the generator stall or quit. That regulator expects a high pressure feed but your RVs quick connect provides a low pressure feed that comes from the line that is after your RVs regulator. Basically, two regulators in series will yield too low a pressure to safely run the Champion. In the barbeque on the quick connect scenario we just eliminate the bbq regulator. You should not eliminate the Champion regulator as it is part of the safety design required to provide dual fuel.

Your best choices are to carry a separate tank for the inverter or run your RV off a single tank and disconnect/dedicate tank 2 to the inverter.
Maxxis 16" E; Ride Rite AirBags w/AirLift 1 wireless compr; Adv.Folding 4 Cover Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5erhitch on Reese Flipball w/Curt 4" offset ball LCI Ground Control 3.0 4pt + 2pt Elec.Rear stabilizers; 3 Slidecovers; 10ft. Portabote 6000# Dexters; mor/Ryde CRE3000 w/HD Wetbolts; King Dish Tailgater; 5hp Outboard Dual A/C; Furrion 48 Rear Camera; Champion 3100 Inverter w/Extended Run
Old 06-12-2016, 09:37 PM   #26

The regulator on the champion setup is before the diaphragm so this isn't a problem if you are concerned. Just unscrew the regulator from the safety shutoff and screw in your line.
Old 06-12-2016, 09:44 PM   #27

Here's the regulator/ line setup

Unless I'm thinking wrong the regulator is right after the bottle connection. Then comes the safety which operates on vacuum from the engine to open the valve to allow propane to make it to the engine.

Didn't really think about this till you said something. I separated the regulator from the safety and it is 1/8 pipe. May use some quick connect so I can switch between trailer and a bottle
Old 06-12-2016, 09:56 PM   #28

Quote:
Here's the regulator/ line setup

Unless I'm thinking wrong the regulator is right after the bottle connection. Then comes the safety which operates on vacuum from the engine to open the valve to allow propane to make it to the engine.

Didn't really think about this till you said something. I separated the regulator from the safety and it is 1/8 pipe. May use some quick connect so I can switch between trailer and a bottle
That should work. I see now that the Champion can operate on low pressure (I was wrong)
Old 06-12-2016, 10:01 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbillsmith View Post
That should work. I see now that the Champion can operate on low pressure (I was wrong)
It's OK. I am glad you said something. I didn't think about the safety

Thanks
Old 06-12-2016, 10:59 PM   #30

Quote:
I was not able to get remote start and dual fuel. It was either remote start or dual fuel, but not both

Ah maybe I was reading the description wrong. I didn't really plan on running off propane just liked the idea of it in case I ran out of gas

Blktegra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dometic, generator